naked scrollview

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know what you have been talking about...

Ahhh.. I see I should have re-read more carefully :) my apologies. It will all get sorted out before too long. I take it from your response in post 11 that B4A programmers have no access to that xml file. Thanks for bearing with me. Your a true credit to this community :)

I've been wanting to ask: that mainframe in your avatar. It looke like a Cray. Is that one you worked on or just a cool avatar?

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some guys get to have all the fun!!!
The previous eight years were probably more fun. :) Working for Ferranti designing and building training simulators for the Royal Navy using early germanium transistor Ferranti Argus machines and their later silicon based successors.

These were BIG cutting-edge engineering projects simulating the sonar, radar, control and weapons systems of anti-submarine frigates, anti-submarine helipcopters and tactical and strategic nuclear submarines. I never got to play with anything remotely that expensive again. :(

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is getting way off-topic, but I can relate. I spent 10 yrs in the us air force working on F4-E/G Wild Weasels. In the early 80's I was allowed to fly the flight simulator. It was a room full of computers and the display was a huge screen wrapped around the cockpit and the simulator was always night, plotting points of light only but it was incredibly smooth, way ahead if anything a pc could produce and I was entranced. I flew up under a refueler and refuled inflight. I will always remember that moment :D