naked scrollview

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know what you have been talking about...

Ahhh.. I see I should have re-read more carefully my apologies. It will all get sorted out before too long. I take it from your response in post 11 that B4A programmers have no access to that xml file. Thanks for bearing with me. Your a true credit to this community

I've been wanting to ask: that mainframe in your avatar. It looke like a Cray. Is that one you worked on or just a cool avatar?

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some guys get to have all the fun!!!
The previous eight years were probably more fun. Working for Ferranti designing and building training simulators for the Royal Navy using early germanium transistor Ferranti Argus machines and their later silicon based successors.

These were BIG cutting-edge engineering projects simulating the sonar, radar, control and weapons systems of anti-submarine frigates, anti-submarine helipcopters and tactical and strategic nuclear submarines. I never got to play with anything remotely that expensive again.

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is getting way off-topic, but I can relate. I spent 10 yrs in the us air force working on F4-E/G Wild Weasels. In the early 80's I was allowed to fly the flight simulator. It was a room full of computers and the display was a huge screen wrapped around the cockpit and the simulator was always night, plotting points of light only but it was incredibly smooth, way ahead if anything a pc could produce and I was entranced. I flew up under a refueler and refuled inflight. I will always remember that moment

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…