Need advice: which cheap but reliable Android phone to buy?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I need to buy a new "cheap" low/mid end android phone for developing. Target price under 150€.

My needs are: 64bit processor, Android 6.0. and 2Gb RAM minimum. The rest of specs can be about the average for that price

Surfing the web, I've found several candidates which I had never heard about. According to the reviews, I eliminated some of them, specially those regarding product reliability...:eek:

After making this cribe, a good choice for this price seems (to me) the Doogee T6 Pro.

Can anyone give advice on this model or any other which is worth considering?

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
Last week my Moto G2 passed away, the battery dead.
I was with the idea of buying a Xiaomi RedMi 3, but I found an offer of a Huawei P6 II, 159€ on Mediamarkt and Worten.
After a week with the device... it works as expected, fast and fluid, so I recommend it.
Regards.

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Bq m5 price is about 170€ (octacore, 2G,1920 res display, 6.0,Nfc,etc..) works very well (camera isn't that good) .Wait till next summer week (black friday) for a pricedown

Last edited:

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Huawei Y6 with 2 GB RAM for about 140€. My son has it for 1 year now. Runs fast (Facebook, WhatsAapp, Spotify, etc. parallel - no problem). Stable (no restarts for a year). Internet conenction is fast, too. Camera is (as expected) acceptable (if it gets dark, forget it).

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you have Prime membership of Amazon. You can buy Moto G (4th gen) with $149. Amazon put ads on your lockscreen but you can easily remove it.

Specs
B4X:
[LIST]
[*]Fast 4G LTE speed, an up to 1.5 GHz octa-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, and a bright 5.5” full HD (1080p) display ensures videos and games run smoothly and look great
[*]Enjoy the best of Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow, including Google Play Store, Google Maps, Gmail and more
[*]Offers and ads, including personalized deals and recommendations, display on the phone's lockscreen
[*]Take brilliant photos with the 13 MP HD camera or snap group shots with a 5 MP wide-angle selfie cam. Add up to 128 GB of additional storage with a microSD card
[*]The all-day battery includes TurboPower charging which provides up to 6 hours of use in just 15 minutes
[*]Unlocked and carrier-friendly, works with all major carrier networks domestically or abroad
[*]Prime members get unlimited access to Prime movies and TV shows, Prime Music, Prime Photos storage, deals, and more with a pre-installed selection of Amazon apps, including Amazon Underground where over 2,000 premium apps, games, and in-app items are 100% FREE
[/LIST]

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Gen...e=UTF8&qid=1479643863&sr=1-1&keywords=moto+g4

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, at the end I have found THIS offer. Will have to wait a couple of weeks, but I think it is a very very (did I already say very?) good deal for the price :)