Need for UART through ADB

mbisso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,
I have written code for a PIC24FJ32 that connects the PIC has a host through the USB port, where it can send and receive data. I know that the IOIO library has a UART function, but I don't need all the other stuff that comes with it. The ingress TCP packets are too big for no reason. How would I go about writting the library to have the Android device do 4 simple things, connect, check if it is connected, send and receive data. I have never coded a library for B4A. I guess I could strip all the unnecessary stuff from the IOIO, but I am not well versed in Java...

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
What "Other stuff" don't you need with the IOIO library developed by Agraham? The UART code posted by Eric010101 is very effective, and can be modified to suit anyones needs. I've modified it for my application, and it works very nicely. He has also indicated that he will post additional UART, SPI and I2C code in the future.

Upvote 0

mbisso

Licensed User
Longtime User
They other stuff is the adc read, pin set, spi, i2c etc. But I will check out the code you speak of.

Upvote 0

eric010101

Licensed User
Longtime User
SPI and I2C code being tested and posted in this forum

What "Other stuff" don't you need with the IOIO library developed by Agraham? The UART code posted by Eric010101 is very effective, and can be modified to suit anyones needs. I've modified it for my application, and it works very nicely. He has also indicated that he will post additional UART, SPI and I2C code in the future.

you can go to IOIO lib thread to copy codes that I tested for I2C and SPI

use IOIO lib 1.4

Upvote 0