Need some games development

quique

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi There Guys! I am totally swamped in my development work and I need to add some workforce.

For starters, I need someone that can develop the kids / girlds dressing kind of games. Starting from a "nude" (hey !! not actually nude, you can get an idea in here http://juegosdesvestir.com/violet-dreams ) The child can select from a variety of clothes and, apparels, accesories, etc, over each game side, dragging and dropping into the human figure to see how it is dressed.

I would need the source code, so I can translate whatever there is to translate and add my ads. I also got other game projects (I need to finish like 20 easy games, and I am not getting the time to develop them)

So anyone with time at hands and feeling like this can be an interesting project either to learn basic4Android and / or doing some money, let´s talk. Yo can message me, by clicking over my forum name.

Cheers,
Quique!

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just wondering... why do you need to finish 20 games when you don't have the time to finish 1 project?

Is that your personal aim or is it put onto deadline by someone else?

and is this a we get peanuts and you the rest (ads, sales, credits ...) kind of thing?

quique

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorex, why the rude attitude ? If you were interested, you could have started a conversation with me and ask away. But by gratuitously and publicly attacking me (you do not know me, I have no idea who you are) you only impose yourself as the "everyone is guilty unless they prove otherwise" kind if guy. Just the exact kind of guy that is not going to get a job -or much explanations- at all. But anyway, as an exercise of answering your questions with similar "karma" I would answer 1) Because I want 2) That's my problem and 3) I guess you will never know how much I pay.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not rude and didn't attack anyone.

You ask something and I ask some things back because I just wondered why you put so much presure on yourself.

The last question was maybe a bit of the right path, sorry about that, but it kind of summerized what some people went through with simular requests (none payers, vanishers and the likes).

quique

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorex and I started a conversation in private, where I explained him about my project, and I think all misunderstandings are sorted out by now :) I understand his concerns. For sake of other developers that might be considering answering in here, Let me openly answer his concerns:

1) I am already swamped between family (including two kids) and the summer vacations that just started down here. In top of that I got to take care of mantaining what actually brings money into my home (got some websites and apps monetized that need daily maintenance) So I do not have any real coding time left to start this coding project.

2) it is my personal Aim, my own "monetization pet project" in order to "revive" and/or refurbish some old (flash based , arghh!) game apps I published on Play Store back on early 2012. I need to get rid of those flash games, which I left them forgotten for just too long. My aim is to replace them with some very simple, yet nice playable games, in order to start monetizing them.

I am considering a six months window in order to complete this project, which includes several steps (the coder will surely start delivering the first basic4android projects right from the first month).

3) I am a developer myself, so if you are serious, you will not have any communication problem with me: I would expect an orderly work and I would pay on a monthly or by delivered results basis, I am flexible about it.

I would also be able to understand any unforeseen situation and help the coder to find solutions or alternatives. The delivered games and source-code will be "mine" for my exclusive modification, publishing and monetization. The coder will be able to place his name and get credit for his or her work, inside each app.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this, I think this post clarifies a lot of things.

It tells us that you have thought this out properly, and I agree with the decisions you are making. As a developer, this is the exact path I would like to go down, however am big on code re-use.
Is there a clause where we cannot develop a competing product?
I understand you have the assets available for these projects though.

quique

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this, I think this post clarifies a lot of things.

It tells us that you have thought this out properly, and I agree with the decisions you are making. As a developer, this is the exact path I would like to go down, however am big on code re-use.
Is there a clause where we cannot develop a competing product?
I understand you have the assets available for these projects though.

Hi there!

Thanks for your comments. No there won't be any such clause. What you cannot do is to resell, give away or reuse the exact same games you develop for me. You would need to change it's graphics, opening menu, etc, in order for it not to be exactly the same game. But the underlying code is yours to reuse (although I will require my game's b4a project and I will be able to modify, recompile and even republish if necessary).

I have no assets. NO graphics, sound or music. We need to dig into Public Domain, or perhaps tap into paid artwork. I never developed a game in basic4android so I actually never bothered to learn how to solve the eventual difference in display resolution for graphics: If they are needed in two or more different sizes or there is a vectorized format that can dynamically render into correct size. I will learn a lot too, with this project, that's for sure! (I am already learning, actually)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there!

Thanks for your comments. No there won't be any such clause. What you cannot do is to resell, give away or reuse the exact same games you develop for me. You would need to change it's graphics, opening menu, etc, in order for it not to be exactly the same game. But the underlying code is yours to reuse (although I will require my game's b4a project and I will be able to modify, recompile and even republish if necessary).

I have no assets. NO graphics, sound or music. We need to dig into Public Domain, or perhaps tap into paid artwork. I never developed a game in basic4android so I actually never bothered to learn how to solve the eventual difference in display resolution for graphics: If they are needed in two or more different sizes or there is a vectorized format that can dynamically render into correct size. I will learn a lot too, with this project, that's for sure! (I am already learning, actually)
Thanks for all those clarifications Enrique, this projects is the right candidate for libGDX.

Cheers,
Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not that I'm disputing you, dont you think such simple games can be done even without libgdx? (bar particle effects etc)
You better not be disputing me, hahaha. I agree but coding wise it will be a lot simpler with libgdx. I might be wrong and haven't used any of the other libraries to make games, but from experience for games like the ones he is requiring it will take less time to code.

Cheers,
Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

quique

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do not rejoice too much on simplicity ! Some of the games may require some "Physics" rules... not all games will be "100% simple" ! I liked to read "particle effects" up there.

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think libgdx will be a better option, allow you to re-use the engine, and wont be limited.
Once the chat comes back online, we can push walter into this. :p

What's up with the chat? NJ broke it again.

Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do not rejoice too much on simplicity ! Some of the games may require some "Physics" rules... not all games will be "100% simple" ! I liked to read "particle effects" up there.
Enrique libgdx will be able to handle all this, it has a physics engine, you can do particle effects, drag and drop of objects etc....

Cheers,
Walter

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's up with the chat? NJ broke it again.
Jem told yesterday in chat (after it runs again) that it was a hardware-failure which ends in two day chat offline

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it all depends on how "simple" the games are, the dress up game can be done without any library besides the core one, probably some others too.

it (gdx) will gain on memory usage when using a lot of gfx since it moves graphics to another area apart from the app memory.

should check it out myself but other stuff always comes inbetween. (my minigame will be done without additional game lib aswell)

and as said before... the game logic comes from yourself, if that's bad libgdx won't make it any better :)

quique

Licensed User
Longtime User
I gave myself time up into this Friday (tomorrow) to decide which developer -if any, considering the (lack of) games they showcased me in basic4android- should I pick up to code for my project.

Just to expand a bit more on the idea; I am willing to invest 10.000 USD into this project, which will have a 6 months window to be 100% finished.

FYE; Only three developers contacted me in private.

One of them told me on his first message that he was not capable of coping with decent graphic design, and that was it. This left me with two developers.

The second one could not present any basic4android game as showcase for his work.

The Third one was able to present one game.

I expected more (both in participation and profusion of coding examples)! I can only hope that this disinterest on my post means that most of us are already 100% occupied churning out apps and games :)

Anyway, if any other developer is interested, please hurry up and also consider to have one (or more) decent basic4android games to showcase your coding talent. These can be simple games, but I need to know you can actually cope with game programming!

Quique!

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I expected more (both in participation and profusion of coding examples)! I can only hope that this disinterest on my post means that most of us are already 100% occupied churning out apps and games :)
Some of us created too many projects for ourselves and cannot find the time out of it. If I had the time your proposal would have been very interesting for me.