Needs some guidance with enterprise data

realblue

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody :sign0085:;

I am currently working on a project which deals with enterprise data.

In order to access the data I already developed a web service. It basically accepts an SQL select statement and returns JSON string.

My first question is how should I use web service result.

A typical SQL statement will be selecting more than one data column so which data structure should I use to store the data that I retrieved from the server.

May be one idea is to keep the data in a list of json list.

If it was dotNET I would use datatable, or should I create an SQL Lite DB and put the data temporarily in a table and use Cursor object.

Second question is about combobox. As I understand spinner is the combobox. But how can I store both key and display values?

My last question is about httputils2.

HttpUtils2 is running asynchronously. What I need is when I call my web service to pull the data in the next statement I want to process it not in the "JobDone" sub.

Any guidance and comment is welcome.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. There are several options. One good option is to create a Type structure that represents a record and then store the records in a List (or Map) using this type.

2. You can use another List to store any additional data.

3. It is not possible in Android as you cannot pause the main thread. You can show a ProgressDialog and then hide it when the data is ready.

Upvote 0