New horizons

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On a boring afternoon, I started making my second project that I wanted to do for years (the first was the 3D library, all coded and without hardware support)

Well here I am moving my first steps .... I made a boring afternoon ... interesting

Video1.gif
Video2.gif
Video3.gif

I'm working to fix some minor graphic flaws.
Who knows what you would get using a similar algorithm with the 3D library

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's the same thing with an additional calculation for the Z distance. (and Z-sorting but that should be already part of your 3D routine)

it's looks good, just check some old demo scene demos from the late 80s where it is used to morph between vector objects.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
not the first but a good example is this one >
B4X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbGB8odsLJ0&feature=youtu.be&t=280

(the above is in a code tag because the forum drops the timestamps when changing it to media tag)

it has pixel morph between 2 3D states

and the glenz vector is pure 3D coordinate morphing

also do a search for ultraforce vector demo (PC) which has some interesting things like fast filled & stencil vectors, bobs and mixtures of all of it.
also on Amiga there were a lot of examples but I can't recall the demo names. (it's been a while ;) )

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
not the first but a good example is this one >
B4X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbGB8odsLJ0&feature=youtu.be&t=280

(the above is in a code tag because the forum drops the timestamps when changing it to media tag)

it has pixel morph between 2 3D states

and the glenz vector is pure 3D coordinate morphing

also do a search for ultraforce vector demo (PC) which has some interesting things like fast filled & stencil vectors, bobs and mixtures of all of it.
also on Amiga there were a lot of examples but I can't recall the demo names. (it's been a while ;) )
Very interesting, but people much better than me, I am an amateur who wanted to overcome an afternoon. o_O

But as soon as I have another boring afternoon I will try to take a step forward :D