iOS Question new iphone too fast

Uniko Sistemi srl

Licensed User
Hi everyone!
I have a problem if it only happens with new iPhones.
I use downloading a file on FTP with the wait for waiting for it to complete.
The problem is that on Android it works, on iOS and only on iPhones before the latest one released it works too, but with the latest iPhone it doesn't download the file, it seems like it doesn't stop at the wait for and continues.
Does anyone know if with the latest iPhone, being a more powerful processor, it can cause this problem?
Thanks to anyone who helps me!
Code used:

FTP1.DownloadFile("xxx",filenamne, False,File.DirDocuments, filename)
Wait For FTP1_DownloadCompleted(Serverpath As String, Success As Boolean)

Solution
I don't think it's a speed problem ( if that were the case i would be worried ) , Wait For still waits for the operation to be completed.
you most likely have something inside the code.
Just try with the following example code:

B4X:
Dim sf As Object = FTP1.DownloadFile(ServerPath, True, File.DirAssets, FileName)
    Wait For (sf) FTP1_DownloadCompleted (ServerPath As String, Success As Boolean)
    If Success Then
        Log("Now finish")
    End if

Does it give you the same problem?

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think it's a speed problem ( if that were the case i would be worried ) , Wait For still waits for the operation to be completed.

B4X:
Dim sf As Object = FTP1.DownloadFile(ServerPath, True, File.DirAssets, FileName)
    If Success Then
        Log("Now finish")
    End if

Upvote 0
Solution

Uniko Sistemi srl

Licensed User

B4X:
    If Success Then
        Log("Now finish")
    End if

Thanks, I tried and it seems that the app on new iPhones stops at wait for using the method you suggested. I'm still testing it, but thank you! Could you also tell me what changes from the command I used without the object? (just out of personal curiosity) Thanks again !

Upvote 0

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I tried and it seems that the app on new iPhones stops at wait for using the method you suggested. I'm still testing it, but thank you! Could you also tell me what changes from the command I used without the object? (just out of personal curiosity) Thanks again !

1703253284309.png

Upvote 0