B4J Question New to B4J - seem to be missing build configuration options and can't generate jar file

D Young

Licensed User
I recently downloaded and installed B4J and Open SDK Java as per the instructions (Windows 10, 64-bit SDK). Everything seems to be working except that I when I select the Build Configurations the only option I have is Default. The guide suggests that I should be seeing more options here.

I have a working UI app which runs fine inside the IDE, but I want to use B4JPackager to create a standalone redistributable, but there is no .jar file to feed it. Can anyone provide guidance here?

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The jar is created when you run/compile it in Release mode, the default is debug.(Drop down at the top of he editor)

The Build configuration allows you to name the package instead of the default b4j.example.....

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you compiled the project in Release Mode? ( as opposed to Debug mode) in the dropdown next to the build configurations. The generated jar file will then be in the projects Objects folder.

Upvote 0

D Young

Licensed User
@Daestrum and @stevel05, the problem is that I have only one option in the Projects > Build Configurations > Configuration list-box, so I'm unable to compile in Release mode. When I click the Configuration list-box there is only one option, Default, as seen here.

upload_2019-12-2_14-44-37.png

I have tried creating a new configuration and named it Release, but it makes no difference. Are there parameters I need to set for the package name and/or the conditional symbols that I am missing?

Upvote 0

D Young

Licensed User
Success! Thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction. The packager worked flawlessly as well.

Let me also join the queue of users heaping praise on Erel for such an amazing system.

Upvote 0