B4A Library NFC Tagwriter and iBeacon libraries for free

Hi,

I have decided to release the NFC Tagwriter and iBeacon library for free within two weeks.

My company ThingsTank (.com) has spent around EUR 500 to get these created but I donate them with pleasure to this great community.

Currently i'm working on a few samples around these libraries which have been written by Tomas. The libraries work fine but support is not provided.

As ThingsTank we have used the two libraries for some prototypes for a few customers and they work extremely well.

I hope in the end someone wants to maintain them, I have the source code in my possession.

My vision is that a mix of these nearby technologies can really work together well in retail, healthcare and events.

Cheers.

Hans Blaauw

Update: I have attached a sample project and the library files in the libs folder for writing NFC tags.

Update 17/08/2014: You can find the iBeacon library and simple sample here: <deleted link>

Update: 04/11/1014
We have to take the download link for the iBeacon library down. We used a version of Radius Networks Android library but this company has taken down all libraries because Apple is forcing them to do so because of the iBeacon specification. See this article: http://beekn.net/2014/07/ibeacon-for-android/

Attachments

• tt_nfcwriter.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,079
Last edited:

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Merlin,

The instructions are in the project in the Region Project Instructions.

I think it will work with almost any beacon as long as it is an iBeacon standard.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
gigio,

Currently I don't have much time to look into the iBeacon stuff. Using the libraries I have some ideas with sensors and proximity but my time is limited because of some commercial mobile projects.

What do you want to offer?

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Dude,

Many thanks for the NFC tag writer library and code example. They work like a charm !
I played around with one tag and succeeded to program it to perform different actions:
- SMS
- tel
- email
- and also Android Application Record (AAR)
B4X:
Sub createAAR (Text As String) As RSNFCRecord

Dim textBytes() As Byte = Text.GetBytes("UTF8")
    Dim textLength As Int = textBytes.Length
    Dim payload(textLength) As Byte

NFCTagWriter.ArrayCopy(textBytes, 0, payload,0, textLength)

'create record
    Dim recordNFC As RSNFCRecord
    Dim b(0) As Byte
    Dim Typ() As Byte = "android.com:pkg".GetBytes("UTF8")
    recordNFC.Initialize(recordNFC.TNF_EXTERNAL_TYPE,Typ,b,payload)
    Return recordNFC

End Sub
As this last one was a bit more difficult (at least for me !) I join the updated tt_nfcwriter_AAR to this post ...

Just for my understanding, what is b(0) which is passed in recordNFC.initialze( , ,b, ) ?

Now, I would want to program several records in a single chip. Is there a way to do this with the library ?

Thanks again
Alain

Attachments

• tt_nfcwriter_AAR.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 300

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have never tried or tested multiple records in a chip, I actually did not know it is possible. For the b in intialize I need to take a look at the source code.

Cheers.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry all, we have to take down the download link because of protection of the iBeacon specification by Apple.

G

GCOINC

Does someone have the old ibeacon lib somewhere to share? Please PM or post a shared link. Thanks

chfajardo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using your NFC Tagwriter library and it is great, but i am having a problem: my app must read a mifare classic card and subtract a valeu from it every time it is read. The problem is: when i read the mifare classic, NFC Tag Writer does writes to the card until i put the card far and than back again. This is a problem because the card can be switched. Is there a way of doing a read and right after that a write without having to remove and insert the card again?
Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I have decided to release the NFC Tagwriter and iBeacon library for free within two weeks.

My company ThingsTank (.com) has spent around EUR 500 to get these created but I donate them with pleasure to this great community.

Currently i'm working on a few samples around these libraries which have been written by Tomas. The libraries work fine but support is not provided.

As ThingsTank we have used the two libraries for some prototypes for a few customers and they work extremely well.

I hope in the end someone wants to maintain them, I have the source code in my possession.

My vision is that a mix of these nearby technologies can really work together well in retail, healthcare and events.

Cheers.

Hans Blaauw

Update: I have attached a sample project and the library files in the libs folder for writing NFC tags.

Update 17/08/2014: You can find the iBeacon library and simple sample here: <deleted link>

Update: 04/11/1014
We have to take the download link for the iBeacon library down. We used a version of Radius Networks Android library but this company has taken down all libraries because Apple is forcing them to do so because of the iBeacon specification. See this article: http://beekn.net/2014/07/ibeacon-for-android/

marcel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this still working? What hardware do I need and can I use this hardware also for iOS?

Pedro Caldeira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey bluedude,
thanks for the lib.
I want to read a tag prior to write it. How can I do that ?
and I always get a java error after the message that the tag was written.

thanks

BW17

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm looking for RSNFCTagWriter lib too.
Could anyone help me ?
Thanks.

imgsimonebiliato

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I need the IBeacon library. Can I download it or not?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User