Nice quote?

Emme Developer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some quotes i like :)

T. E. Lawrence said:
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Steve Jobs said:
That’s been one of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have many....

"The only impossible things are those you've never tried"

"The night is always darker before dawn"

"It can't rain all the time"

"Life stinks, and then you die"

"You can take a person out of the sh*twhole but you can't take the sh*twhole out of the person"

"Rocks in my pathway, I gather them all, and with them I shall build my castle"

Misterbates

Licensed User
I use KookieJar (windows app) to add a random quote to my outlook email signature, changing every 15 minutes. I've compiled a file of quotes that it draws from.

Attachments

• Quotes .txt
    35.3 KB · Views: 299

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Love this thread. There's one by Steve Jobs I also like, this may not be word for word correct, but "You just have to remember, that when you look around the world, everything you see has been made by people no smarter than you".

Emme Developer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Love this thread. There's one by Steve Jobs I also like, this may not be word for word correct, but "You just have to remember, that when you look around the world, everything you see has been made by people no smarter than you".
This is my favourite quote :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

if you already have mentioned Steve Jobs, i also have one from him i like:

tumblr_no6ercdlmK1rhf0i3o1_1280.jpg

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. - Henry Ford

Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war - Donald Trump

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"Even if he can't assemble it back, at least he now knows how it's made" -- my father to my mom worried about a radio I disassembled at age 10.

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
"do not worry, even a kick in the ass, sends you forward"
A very wise man, now a friend, while he was teaching us at the high school...

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"He did it because he didn't know it was impossible"

"I'm not a complete idiot. There are parts of me missing". --> It is in the signature of someone here in this or another forum, can't remember where I saw it. It is one of my favourites :D

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
"Even if he can't assemble it back, at least he now knows how it's made" -- my father to my mom worried about a radio I disassembled at age 10.

I am now curious ... Did you manage to rebuild the radio ? Was it still functioning ?

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Eheh, yes, we (the radio and me) were lucky; it worked for a few years more.
A couple of years later I built a transistor based one from a kit. My first contact with soldering, resistors' color codes and components at a large. My knowledge about those items was absolute zero (and there was no Internet to help) but with patience and observation I assembled it correctly.
A challenge was to decode the color scheme used on resistors. No clues, just a circuit board scheme showing something like "place R12, 4Ohm, next to.."; how to identify R12 was up to me..

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The whole life is a short dream. We only wake up to reality when we die

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Favorite Quote (Fictional):
Hawkeye said:
"Don't try to understand them; and don't try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense."

Last edited: