B4J Question Not a question but an invitation

amaxco

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Everybody,

More than a once and at different times, individually, we stand in need of a product, a tool, library or the like. However, we are lucky because our "BXJ Family" is big and rich! We have members who are talented, excited and enjoy creating such products. For them I say thank you so much for your time, effort and indispensable presentations.

I have some thoughts to share in the above respect.

Being a benefiting member, I suggest to others the following, best be in a separate forum title:

1. Raise the needed product - by any one
2. Gather interested individuals
3. Wait for a response from our family's experts

Now the important point. How can we compensate the problem solver for his time and effort? This matter is open for discussion.

I am not familiar with polls, just saw it now, but maybe, if the subject worms up someone will push it into there

An Schi

Licensed User
The usuall steps here are:
- ask in the questions section if what you need is allready available
- make a wish in the bugs & wishlist section
- make an offer in the job section (this can also be done in a way that you add 5$ and wait for ten more people who also add 5$)

Some people also have donation buttons in their sigs.

Upvote 0

amaxco

Licensed User
Longtime User
The usuall steps here are:
- ask in the questions section if what you need is allready available
- make a wish in the bugs & wishlist section
- make an offer in the job section (this can also be done in a way that you add 5$ and wait for ten more people who also add 5$)

Some people also have donation buttons in their sigs.

Hi An Schi,

Your point-1 is the exact driver for the whole idea
Your point-2 this space should be left for B4X products only
Your point-3 is valid but and your suggestion seems good, I like it. As I said in my post, this is the point that we need to handle

A one to one donation works when the product is already been completed or on the producer's way or in other words not been requested. Take for example

1. Report designer and generation engine
2. pdf viewer - a generator is already available.
3. MS Word manipulation

The above and many others can not be requested by one member due to their complexity and huge wrapping work, I guess. Products of this size are the reason behind my main post.

Thanks

Upvote 0