Android Question Notifications

Cleidson

Dear,
I'm looking for some suggestions for the following problem:
I've been developing a control application and I would like the application to remind the user, through notifications, about tasks that must be performed days in advance. What is the panorama that I have today and what I want:

1) The application works with a local database. I want the app to have no interaction with any external services.
2) That the notification works even when the application process has been “killed”. I don't usually leave processes open in the background, so the notification system, in this scenario, should work anyway.
3) It can be one or several tasks to be remembered on different days. Thus, it is up to the notification to be performed every day. It doesn't have to be at runtime. One of my ideas is for the application to run a routine at night, check if there is any task due in x days and let me know.

I confess that I have not seen or tested any notification service available on the forum. I would like to check first which one of them can suit me, before implementing.
Thank you in advance for everyone's attention.

Lucas Siqueira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0