Now a "smart" question!!!!

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, so i'm back to coding a few hours instead of a few minutes from time to time....
I'm a bit Rusted, so I have already made some "stupid" question, wich EREL kindly answeared me...
But now a "smart" question....

I need to set in an ini file 2 times to fire an alert...but the user has the option of setting only one of the time variables...
How do i make the code ignore the empty time vatriable when cheking for the value, and thus make the time chek for that variable not to run...?

willisgt

Licensed User
Paulo, what do you mean when you say that you must set an ini file 2 times? Do you mean that you want to fire the alert when the ini file is updated the second time, or that you want to fire the alert when both variables A and B are set and written to the ini file?

In short, what's the goal of this program?

Gary

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You understood me wrong...
I'm writing an "alerter" for my company, and storing in the ini file the times that alert should take place...
My problem is that the user may define only one alert, thus making the second one, not meant to run....How do I prevent it, since the conde that will be using the values is the same....??

willisgt

Licensed User
I'm thinking that you should just store a default time value in those cases where the user leaves it blank or does not enter it; then ignore that particular value when checking whether or not to show the alert.

Which, of course, is an absudly simple answer. Which means I probably still don't fully understand the problem.

Can you post any part of the code?

Gary

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've not yet got to that part of my codding, t although simp,your suggestion might work, because I HAVE to test the time value (the user entry with the NOW time), and fire the alert if both are the same...so Adding a condition to do nothing is a possability...
Thanks...