Number of Libraries or possibilities for b4i

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I just don't want to talk about b4i but for b4a we have quite number of possibilites like gogole play services, 2d game engine, libgdx etc but for b4i , we can just or Let's say I can just write within the possiblities. for b4i, there may be many important libs like spritekit,game center lib, iwatch lib which are the libs that we can make difference on the market with b4i. I can find some workarounds for example i created my own leaderboards using httputils but as ios user, when i am playing a game i like , i like to engage other players with game center for example. O you can say that you dont need a game engine like libgdx for ios you can create some games without them , yes but how much can we be successful ? Please don't get me wrong , Erel made a great job , gave us an oopportunity to vode in basic for both platforms , but to make it better , we need some libraries and we need them quick. Every day maybe hundereds of app are coming. Of course we cant want this from Erel, he has quite alot of work but i don't know maybe a coder can be hired with our financial support to make this libraries or i don't know I am just thinking loud. What are your ideas about this. ?

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I just don't want to talk about b4i but for b4a we have quite number of possibilites like gogole play services, 2d game engine, libgdx etc but for b4i , we can just or Let's say I can just write within the possiblities. for b4i, there may be many important libs like spritekit,game center lib, iwatch lib which are the libs that we can make difference on the market with b4i. I can find some workarounds for example i created my own leaderboards using httputils but as ios user, when i am playing a game i like , i like to engage other players with game center for example. O you can say that you dont need a game engine like libgdx for ios you can create some games without them , yes but how much can we be successful ? Please don't get me wrong , Erel made a great job , gave us an oopportunity to vode in basic for both platforms , but to make it better , we need some libraries and we need them quick. Every day maybe hundereds of app are coming. Of course we cant want this from Erel, he has quite alot of work but i don't know maybe a coder can be hired with our financial support to make this libraries or i don't know I am just thinking loud. What are your ideas about this. ?
LibGDX for B4A required two months of half-time work for the initial version and 1 or 2 days of full-time work for each following version. Moreover, it did not only take time, it's also a complex lib to wrap that requires a solid technical level. So, if you want to hire someone, you'll probably have to offer a lot of money (and even in this case I won't be interested ;)).

Last edited:

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
We are a community here so i think there must be many people who is interested in writing games for ios with this lib =) My purpose for this topic was this. Maybe a freelancer who is free will takeit gladly.

I know it is a hard work but we need these..

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have a clue how the 3rd party lib wrapping goes for B4i but libGDX is available for IOS. Not sure if that can be added like the additional JAR method in B4A.

Doubt that tho.

Not sure if anyone else besides Erel was able to create a library for B4i that is not an actual B4i code/class module.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if anyone else besides Erel was able to create a library for B4i that is not an actual B4i code/class module.

I believe there are some made by a Brazilian user but those are the only ones I can think about.
I agree, in order to help B4i expand further, some libraries (or library activity) would be needed. I guess we need to await some users finding the B4i platform and who has enough knowledge of Objective C until we can achieve this. That said, although I am not sure, I think if we were able to use Swift somehow, we could get more done.