Android Question OBD2 and BLE

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am experiencing problems with BLE Library and OBD2 BLE Dongle. I performed scan2 and connect2, it immediately says disconnected. Anyone here had any success with BLE OBD2 Dongle and BLE library? The 3rd party apps connects successfully without any problems. What other option do i have with this BLE Library? Thanks

Ps: is it the connectGatt method?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Cesaral

The same happens to me. I have been working with BLE devices for a long time. Now I am trying to connect to a BLE printer and right after I send the connection command with Connect2, I get the disconnect event fired.

I have used several Bluetoth well known Apps, and they can all connect to the device without any problem. With my App I am able to connect to other BLE devices.

I have tested this with the BLE2 (1.38 and 1.39 versions) and BLE3 libraries, and none of them is able to connect to this BLE printer.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cesaral

The same happens to me. I have been working with BLE devices for a long time. Now I am trying to connect to a BLE printer and right after I send the connection command with Connect2, I get the disconnect event fired.

I have used several Bluetoth well known Apps, and they can all connect to the device without any problem. With my App I am able to connect to other BLE devices.

I have tested this with the BLE2 (1.38 and 1.39 versions) and BLE3 libraries, and none of them is able to connect to this BLE printer.

Testing the example of Erel, I get this trace:

*** Service (starter) Create ***
** Service (starter) Start **
** Activity (main) Create (first time) **
Call B4XPages.GetManager.LogEvents = True to enable logging B4XPages events.
** Activity (main) Resume **
Found: M03, 04:7F:0E:6A:96:17, RSSI = -34, (MyMap) {1=[B@d920c7a, 3=[B@758ac2b, 9=[B@9789888, -1=[B@8029221, 0=[B@8247646}
connecting
Disconnected

Thanks for your help

Thanks

Upvote 0