One of my stupid questions....

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys, it's been a while since i've ben active in the forum, code wise....
I'm stuck in a problem... I'm reading an ini file and have an eror label called "erro", wich gets called if there is any proble accesing the file...But how ca I call the errorlabel upon a condition?

This is my code...
Yes, I know i'm readding teh file 3 times before i use the data...
it's my way of doing things...bare with me on this one..

B4X:
Sub LoadINI
ErrorLabel(erro)
FileOpen(c,"LusiGES.ini",cRead)
a=FileRead(c)
a=FileRead(c)
a=FileRead(c)
Nome=StrRemove(a,0,5)
'Here I want to test if the resulting string is equal to a known string (my own name), if not, then should be considered an invalid ini file, and jump to the error label.
If Nome<>"Paulo Sérgio Gomes" Then ' then what??? 

FileClose(c)
Erro:
Msgbox("Não foi possivel ler" & crlf & "o ficheiro LusiGes.ini","Erro de Leitura.",cMsgBoxOK,cMsgBoxExclamation)

End Sub

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tryied that, it errors sayin the the variable erro is used before assigned a value..

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tested it with this code and it doesn't give any error:
B4X:
Sub LoadINI
ErrorLabel(erro)
FileOpen(c,"LusiGES.ini",cRead)
a=FileRead(c)
a=FileRead(c)
a=FileRead(c)
Nome=StrRemove(a,0,5)
'Here I want to test if the resulting string is equal to a known string (my own name), if not, then should be considered an invalid ini file, and jump to the error label.
If Nome<>"Paulo Sérgio Gomes" Then Goto Erro' then what??? 

FileClose(c)
Return
Erro:
Msgbox("Não foi possivel ler" & crlf & "o ficheiro LusiGes.ini","Erro de Leitura.",cMsgBoxOK,cMsgBoxExclamation)

End Sub

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry EREL, i'm too rusted....
I was typing "go to" instead of goto....it's working now...
Just one more "Stupid" question, to exit the sub before the error label gets executed.., I just tipe "exit", right?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know it probably woul be a lot worse, mistake wise, but woudn't it be more logical an "ExitSub" keyword?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…