Optimized Compilation problem on the device

bob

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Normal compilation is working without problems, optimized compilation generates an error-free .exe, too, but if I try to start it on my PDA I get the following error (non-optimized works with no problems)

datei- oder assemblyname 'crypto, Version=1.0.2647.40023,Culture=neutral, PublicToken=null' bzw. eine Abhängigkeit davon nicht gefunden

something like
file or assembly name 'crypto, Version=1.0.2647.40023,Culture=neutral, PublicToken=null' or a dependancy not found

Any Ideas? .net 2 is installed on the device ROM. Cryptodevice.dll is available, of course - is there probably a new version of this lib for .net 2.0 somwhere?

Robert

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a guess but it looks like the CryptoDevice.dll on the desktop that the exe is compiled against may be a different version to that on the device. I would check the version numbers (Explorer right click->Properties->Version in XP or .right click->Properties->Details in Vista). My CryptoDevice.dll is version 1.0.2915.17330 - yours looks earlier.

bob

Licensed User
Longtime User
unfortunately not - same version on the pda and on the desktop and btw same version as you have mentioned....

*sigh*

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's picking that wrong version number up from somewhere. If there is an appname.exe.config file, where appname is the name of your exe, in the same directory then delete it. Optimised compiled exes don't need them.

If that (probably) doesn't make any difference then if you have .NET Reflector check the versions of the references in the exe, or post an exe that exhibits the problem and I will have a look inside it and try it on my device.

bob

Licensed User
Longtime User
perfect!!!! deleted the appname.exe.config and all works fine - I don't understand it, but OK

Thanks a lot!!

Robert