Java Question Package does not exist

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys and girls.
Anyone remember me? lol

I have been working through @corwin42 brilliant tutorial on creating library in Android Studio (no need for SLC related answers).

Had a few issues getting the paths set and I think I'm there. I get the output files so that is a start.

When I load the lib into b4a it appears ok, docs all seem to work etc.

When I try to compile a project using the lib I get and error.

Compiling generated Java code. Error
javac 1.8.0_112
src\barxdroid\flingtest\main.java:334: error: package uk.co.barxdroid.notificationbuilder does not exist
uk.co.barxdroid.notificationbuilder.NotificationBuilder _n = null;

(ignore the 'flingtest' part, it was just a simple project i already setup to try it on.)

In my java files I have the package set as I always did.

Any ideas why it isn't being detected?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone remember me? lol
Yes

Welcome back

Any ideas why it isn't being detected?
If you followed the Tutorial by @corwin42 then you finally have a "empty jar", a XML and a AAR file, right?

Did you added the added the
B4X:
@DependsOn(values={"NotificationBuilder.aar"})
annotation to your Library code?
Or add a
B4X:
#AdditionalJar: NotificationBuilder.aar
to your B4A Code.

Last note: you copied the NotificationBuilder.aar to your additional library folders, right?

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes

Welcome back
Thanks

If you followed the Tutorial by @corwin42 then you finally have a "empty jar", a XML and a AAR file, right?
Correct

Cor-wrong, going to try that now

Last note: you copied the NotificationBuilder.aar to your additional library folders, right?
Correct

Will report back shortly

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
@DonManfred

I think that has done the trick, thanks buddy. It compiles an app that uses the AS created lib and seems to work anyways
Now to figure how to break it (like the recent posted issues) and then to update / fix it.

I've been out of the game soooo long it's like starting new again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…