Paid Opportunity - Looking for someone to help me start a project (B4A)

artemis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there!

There's a personal project I've been meaning to make for a while but between kids and work just haven't had the chance to sit down and hammer at it. I'm also somewhat new to coding and therefore I'm looking for someone to create a starter project with a couple of features for me that I can take and run with after.

Project details:
Basically I'm looking for a combination of CHAT HEADS and SCREEN RECORDER that I can then build open. This is not a spy app and nothing illegal, just something for personal use.
Using the SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW, like Chat Heads does, I want a simple floating button drawn on canvas on top of the global screen.
When that button is pressed, it will take a screen grab of the global screen in BMP format. The key here is I don't want to save it into a file and then load the file as that takes too long and I want to do some real time analysis. Having access to the bmp in the code will by much faster.
The reason for the floating button being a canvas is once I perform real time analysis, I want to paint some info on it to provide feedback to me.

So in summary:
Floating button built using canvas using SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW.
When the button is pressed, the app takes a global screen grab into a bmp object. IMPORTANT: screen grab of the whole screen, I need to be able to see the apps underneath.
Please comment your code, I'm a pretty newbie coder and need all the help I can get.

That's about it. Please let me know what questions you might have and how much it would cost for the project with whatever libraries you used included.

Thanks!

edit: looks I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry!

Last edited:

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
... IMPORTANT: screen grab of the whole screen, I need to be able to see the apps underneath.
Please comment your code, I'm a pretty newbie coder and need all the help I can get.

That's about it. Please let me know what questions you might have...
I'm not sure if thats possible

Just how pretty? Can we have recent photos? šŸ˜†

artemis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure if thats possible

Just how pretty? Can we have recent photos? šŸ˜†
That's very possible using media projection, moster67 Screen Recorder library or the Media Projection Screen Shot library can do it, I tried their example projects and they both worked well. I just don't have time right now to dick around trying to figure out how to combine canvas, system alert floating button, and media projection to bmp object.

Also.
sleeping-beauty-nigel-thornberry.gif