PC IDE Designer improvements

mjcoon

Licensed User
I hope that other users would concur with these suggestions...

First and simplest: I find the yellow outlining of controls when selecting several using Cntrl-click is too hard to discern. Could a darker colour, e.g. green, be used instead?

I have tried using full-size panels in one form to avoid having multiple forms (and having to replicate the menus; see other recent threads). But then it is too hard to navigate around them. We already have a listing of controls in the RH pane but it is not intereactive, especially when the Designer is in use! Could that listing be made available and used to navigate around the controls?

The mechanism for changing the parent of a control works OK when all controls are visible all the time. But with multiple panes this will not be the case. It would be better to have a property field for the parent of each control and be able to change it by writing to that field.

Mike.

magarcan

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope that other users would concur with these suggestions...

First and simplest: I find the yellow outlining of controls when selecting several using Cntrl-click is too hard to discern. Could a darker colour, e.g. green, be used instead?

I have tried using full-size panels in one form to avoid having multiple forms (and having to replicate the menus; see other recent threads). But then it is too hard to navigate around them. We already have a listing of controls in the RH pane but it is not intereactive, especially when the Designer is in use! Could that listing be made available and used to navigate around the controls?

The mechanism for changing the parent of a control works OK when all controls are visible all the time. But with multiple panes this will not be the case. It would be better to have a property field for the parent of each control and be able to change it by writing to that field.

Mike.
I'm agree with everything.

Last edited: