B4J Question PC locks up running B4J and B4A concurrently

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since the last updates for both B4J(8.9) and B4A(10.6), I am finding that intermittently the whole UI freezes for the B4X and the rest of the machine - the only way out is to do a hard reset.
I cannot nail down exactly when it occurs but it seems that when opening a project while running debug in the other environment causes the issue more regularly.
I have been running the same machine and way of working for over a year without issues - so this is a new problem - not sure if its B4X or Windows 10 but it is becoming more problematic since the last update of B4A (I always use the latest official release).
I run a 4 head machine so have one screen for B4J, one for B4A and the others for other processes. 32Gb memory and 4T of disk so I dont think thats an issue.
Has anyone else come across problems or is it something specific to my configuration?
Also I have noticed as an aside that when you maximise the screen the screen extends beyond a single panel width wise.

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for the replies.
I have now narrowed it down to the Resize animation event in windows.
If I disable that in the windows performance setting then the problem goes away.
I found this as I kept seeing the half shrunk window of the IDE as the system crashed.
I do not know if this is particular to my machine but there isnt anything odd about it other than it has a 4 head setup on two (identical) graphics cards.
In any case since the change I have have not had a single issue.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…