B4J Question PC locks up running B4J and B4A concurrently

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since the last updates for both B4J(8.9) and B4A(10.6), I am finding that intermittently the whole UI freezes for the B4X and the rest of the machine - the only way out is to do a hard reset.
I cannot nail down exactly when it occurs but it seems that when opening a project while running debug in the other environment causes the issue more regularly.
I have been running the same machine and way of working for over a year without issues - so this is a new problem - not sure if its B4X or Windows 10 but it is becoming more problematic since the last update of B4A (I always use the latest official release).
I run a 4 head machine so have one screen for B4J, one for B4A and the others for other processes. 32Gb memory and 4T of disk so I dont think thats an issue.
Has anyone else come across problems or is it something specific to my configuration?
Also I have noticed as an aside that when you maximise the screen the screen extends beyond a single panel width wise.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried disabling the Auto Backup feature? On larger projects, this has caused my IDE to hang too in the past:

1614573874163.png

Alwaysbusy

Upvote 0

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for the replies.
I have now narrowed it down to the Resize animation event in windows.
If I disable that in the windows performance setting then the problem goes away.
I found this as I kept seeing the half shrunk window of the IDE as the system crashed.
I do not know if this is particular to my machine but there isnt anything odd about it other than it has a 4 head setup on two (identical) graphics cards.
In any case since the change I have have not had a single issue.

Upvote 0