PDF-View - Show PDF files in your own app

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred
OK, I do not have an issue paying for the lib as long as I can make it scroll via code.

My PDF is 1 page (210mm x 9 meter long- Rally Navigation roadbook) The scrolling will be controlled from an external controller via USB. no Touch screen will be available.

I have posted this question on the general B4A forum as well before I saw this lib.

Regards
Adie

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can send me a link to the pdf and i´ll create an example using it if you want.
I send you the apk then to test

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Link to the project. the PDF is included in the ZIP

http://filegooi.co.za/get2/2c6bcb6ed5245dd20938f50381d92152/RallyNav.zip

I included the project to show what I've done. This code is basically just copy and paste from samples to test everything before I 'really' start.

the UP and Down buttons will be removed once all debugging is done.

NOTE --- THE CODE MIGHT NOT COMPILE DUE TO THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCE IN THE PDF LIB --

Adie

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried my lib with your pdf.... At some places it is rendering FINE, but most of the viewed pdf don´t get rendered "sharp". Does not look good.

But i rewrote @icefairy333 lib a bit to include the .so directly and recompiled again. It is working showing your pdf.

BUT: i did reverse engineering to do all this. As long as @icefairy333 not allow to publish it i will not share this new version.

Minus: i don´t know how it should work to scroll the pdf just by code.

But the renderings are looking really good with it

Screenshot_20160512-215224.png

Last edited:

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I asked for Icefairy's consent to modify his lib.

** his original reply to me **
sorry I donot use that a long time,so I have lost the code of the library..maybe you can ask help from others.
** end **

** snip **
Minus: i don´t know how it should work to scroll the pdf just by code.
** snap **
1. Does this imply that it might not be possible ?
2. did the rendering with your lib produce the suspect quality?

Thanks for your assistance.

Adie

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry I donot use that a long time,so I have lost the code of the library..maybe you can ask help from others.
Ok, good to know. But i´ll get this answer from him personally about this. Your quote is not a valid approvement for me to release a lib which is based on reverse engineering.

1. Does this imply that it might not be possible ?
i did not saw any method which looks like a scrolling by code... there is only a method to "scroll to a specific page". But that´s all. Mayb i missed something
2. did the rendering with your lib produce the suspect quality?
Not the quality as seen in my screenshot above. That´s what i said with
but most of the viewed pdf don´t get rendered "sharp". Does not look good.

Adie

Licensed User
Longtime User
1 No problem, I think it is the correct way. I also included a link to this page on my email to him to get him 'up to speed'.

2 I also did not see a scrollTo or suchlike method in his lib. It could be that the 'master' object miss that method.

The other lib I evaluated had a class module with a 'computeScroll' method.

** snip **
Public Sub PDFReaderView_ComputeScroll
If vPDF == Null Then
Return
End If
vPDF.ComputeScroll
End Sub
** Snap **

My eval source attached, use same PDF. BE CAREFUL a) The project use the same name, I just use different folders. b) the lib name is also the same name as Icefairy's but does not compile. The lib is a massive 5Mb and have Radaee watermark. also downloaded from the B4A lib thread.

The other option would be to 'fire' the scroll event from code. In windows with C++ it's easy but I'm new to Android.

Adie

Attachments

• RallyNavV1.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 365

ykucuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Application stop when i try view corrupted file. is there any way to handle such a file. Users download pdf files from internet and sometimes it can be broke while downloading.

Any help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 20.04.05.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 20.04.05.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 292