Persistence of Table content under IDE

mjcoon

Licensed User
I am adding some tables to GPS4PPC-V2 (for waypoints) and running under 6.90 desktop IDE.

I was getting some confusion with finding that in successive runs one of the tables held onto all ca. 300 entries from run to run, and sometimes duplicated or triplicated them.

But today was the ultimate example - after rebooting overnight my first run under the IDE retained the entries from the last run yesterday! Not a huge problem (I have a "Clear" button in my GUI), but startling...

Mike.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very startling, especially as I have a good idea as to what is happening when the IDE starts and stops a program - what it does is basically tear everything down when it stops and start from scratch when it is rerun. I suspect the data is being reloaded from some storage somehere - especially indicated by the fact that it "survived" a reboot which means the data must have been on disc somewhere and read off when your code started running. Are you sure that you don't have a subtle bug in your code?

Last edited:

mjcoon

Licensed User
Are you sure that you don't have a subtle bug in your code?

No, I'm not! But I will have a look to see if this is the problem. The content of the table does indeed come from a file (name of which is not embedded in the code), but I may also be invoking a save/restore mechanism inherited from a previous usage of this portion of my code. Thanks for your consideration.

Mike.