Personal Pocket PC Wiki

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Platform Suport

On the subject of platform support. I am not concerned if my app only ran on WM5 & WM6, as primarily I am writing it for me. If others can make use of it then that's great. This is my way of putting back into the community that is helping me.

It seems to me to be a shame to hold a library back just to be backwards compatible. So long as the documents say "This feature is only supported on ....." then the programmer using the library can choose whether to use that feature or not.

I guess this is a little selfish as I just need a fix. My application is so close to being releasable as "Version 1" but it has this problem that's holding it back.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok here is an example of the problem. Load it into pppcwiki and I have the description in it.

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
? Try this

You might want to remove the code that you put in that prevents the file from being reparsed. I'm guessing that normally the program invokes web_navigating twice on the PDA browser except for some reason it is only invoking it once on the off page section linking (the code seems to be checking for "about:" and it may not have the "about:" in the off page section linking)

If that doesn't work then we may need to add some debugging code (write to a log file or something) to help see what's happening internally.

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Regular expressions for bracket structures not a really good idea

I need help to crete regex for the unsorted lists and sorted lists which can be nested.

Problem with regular expressions is that they mostly are used for a class of languages which are - well - regular. Which means: You cannot really handle bracket structures. If you want to know about the theoretical limitations, have a look at the wikipedia entry (Regular expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

Unfortunately, the socalled regular expressions of .NET (and UNIX) are more powerful than the "theoretical" regular expressions. Which leads to expectations that are to high.

But, a tipp: Maxbe you can use a loop in which you replace the lists (from inside out).

Something like:
<while "regular expression for both list types" hits>
Replace inner unsorted list markup​
Replace inner sorted list markup​
<end while>

The idea is not perfect but might work.

Regards
Jens

PS. The best idea would be to look at open source implementations of other wikis....

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
well I have not been able to solve the problem:
Sample [PageOtherThanCurrentPage#HeadingOnThatPage]
When creating a link to a section on a different page the wiki reads parses and writes the html but needs manual refreshing to display the page.

I guess that part of the program just sucks for now. :(

Moving along I want to add an encryption option. My thoughts are:
a> Encrypt a whole wiki
b> Encrypt on a per page basis
c> Encrypt only the text within special wiki markup

I am after feed back.
1> Would you do/use one or all of the above?
2> How would you go about incorporating the above?
I though maybe an ini file in each wiki that indexed the encypted pages, but this would be cumbersome.
I then thought a hidden line at the start of each wiki page.
I also considered prefix and encrypted file name with "*" or some thing.

Ideas/feed back please

Thanks
Tony

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Latest changes to my program. See post #1

Version 0.70ppc

• Fixed clicking link shortcut to close on second click
  • Fixed up about menu linking to license file
  • Added ability to turn wordwrap on and off when editing a file
  • Added ability to make voice recordings to wiki
  • Added more support for Slash wiki from shortcut buttons
  • Added shell command when clicking on a link to a pdf file
Version 0.70pc
  • Added ability to turn word wrap on and off when editing a file
  • Fixed wrong TSRecentcomboBox item being selected at startup
  • Fixed clicking link shortcut to close on second click

digitaldon37

Licensed User
Longtime User
encryption

I would probably favor encryption within markup tags. I think this would present several interesting challenges, one being how to store the encrypted text. It probably would have to be in a separate file that would work like the "^page include". Also would we store the private key somewhere or ask for it each time the program runs?

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would probably favor encryption within markup tags. I think this would present several interesting challenges, one being how to store the encrypted text. It probably would have to be in a separate file that would work like the "^page include". Also would we store the private key somewhere or ask for it each time the program runs?

Haven't decided on what encryption method to use yet. Probably just simple DES. After all I'm not trying to hide national secrets.
My thinking is:
  • The password would be stored in an encrypted file in the wiki directory
  • Only one password for each wiki would be allowed, thus when opening the wiki we would ask for the password, compare it with the stored password and not need to bother the user again unless they change wiki. An incorrect password would still allow the wiki to load but not display the encrypted data.
  • On Save the data between the tags would be replaced with the encrypted version, there for no additional files would be required. God some of my wiki's already have 200+ files.
  • On loading the file a search for the special tags would decrypt that data and replace it with the correct text. This way you could have all formatting etc inside.
  • On exiting the program the temp.html file will have to be deleted or maybe over written.
How does that sound?

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
[*] The password would be stored in an encrypted file in the wiki directory

[*]Only one password for each wiki would be allowed, thus when opening the wiki we would ask for the password, compare it with the stored password and not need to bother the user again unless they change wiki. An incorrect password would still allow the wiki to load but not display the encrypted data.
There would seem to be little point in storing the password if the user needs to enter it as well because you would need to store that master password somewhere and optimised compiled .NET apps are easily decompiled. It would be more secure to store an encrypted bit of known text and decrypt it with the given password and check the result for correctness.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok maybe im a bit slow but I just can't get my head around the crypto features in b4ppc and I have also been looking at cryptoex. I just don't understand how to use them. 8 bytes something or other.

To be honest I don't even want to know how it works. Is there a library/routine that I can supply and password and a string that will return the string encrypted or decrypted. I wish it to be simple and fast.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Latest Up date: See Message #1
Section linking to another page bug still exists.

Version 0.72

• Added encryption wiki tags for Blade the are [~data~]
I guess I'll have to stop calling it Blade as it is enhanced Blade.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
New Realase:
Desktop
Version 0.74

• Added more error checking to encryption
  • Added image buttons in edit mode to enable quick entry of images & saves having to remember the syntax.
  • Added easy buttons for entering Basic passwords. Use the keyboard for more complex ones.
  • Fixed - Couldnt change wiki syntax's OOps
    c:%5CUsers%5CTony%5CDocuments%5CMy%20Programs%5CPPPCWiki%5CImages%5Ctongue.gif
  • Fixed It is now not possible to decrypt the password in an ini file as I no longer use a known password to encrypt it with. This is far more secure than I previously did. (wow bad grama)
PPC
Version 0.74
  • Added more error checking to encryption
  • Added image shortcuts in landscape mode
  • Added easy buttons for entering Basic passwords. Use the keyboard for more complex ones.
  • Fix - It is now not possible to decrypt the password in an ini file as I no longer use a known password to encrypt it with. This is far more secure.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Release 0.76

PPC Changes
Version 0.76

• Added Cut, Copy, Paste buttons to editor(Removed popup menu)
  • Added scrolling shortcut bar to edit screen and made buttons a bit bigger
  • Fixed links highlighting incorrectly if it was less than 5 characters.
  • Change encryption system - You must remove all previous encryption before upgrading to this version.
  • No longer asks for password you must select it from the menu
  • Added ability to change password
  • Can not edit pages containing encryption unless password has been entered.
  • Fixed back button to work when navigating to the www
Desktop Changes
Version 0.76

• Fixed password text box's to display *
  • Change encryption system - You must remove all previous encryption before upgrading to this version.
  • No longer asks for password you must select it from the menu
  • Added ability to change password
  • Fixed links highlighting incorrectly if it was less than 5 characters.
  • Can not edit pages containing encryption unless password has been entered.
  • Fixed back button to work when navigating to the www

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok updates are coming about once a week. Here is installment number 0.77

Version 0.77 PPC
Be sure to use new css file

• Added "Notes" style. 4 different note types available. "note", "note warning", note tip", "note important" see test
  • Changed recent file combo to list box.
  • Changed backlinks/index not to move on selected only on button click
  • Fixed Previously when adding encrypted field to a page that had no encryption, and the wiki had not had password entered ye. It now asks for password then saves.
Version 0.77 Desktop
Be sure to use new css file

• Added "Notes" style. 4 differant note types available. "note", "note warning", note tip", "note important" see test
  • Fixed Previously when adding encrypted field to a page that had no encryption, and the wiki had not had password entered ye. It now asks for password then saves.
Gimme some feed back please. I think this prog is great & does more than what I want, yet every time I turn around theres something else that would be nice to add.

Unfortunately I was never able to fix the bug where links to a section on a different page don't work properly. If you click on said link and the manually refresh the browser wella it appears. Bugger!

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Its been almost a month since the last update. I have really been struggling but finally achieved adding the ability to search SQL Light databases from within the wiki.
I think this makes this a very powerful program. And if not well it suits my needs I LOVE IT.

A simple line
[@sql?databaseName?SQLCommand@]
will search your database and display the results in a table anywhere in your page

Alternately
[@sqlsearch?databaseName?SQLCommand@]
will display a form for you to get data from the user to search for.
NOTE: you must put "clientInput" into your command. This represents what the user typed into the form.
E.G:
B4X:
[@sqlsearch?keyconv?SELECT * FROM Keys WHERE Silca LIKE '%clientInput%'@]
This will open database "keyconv" and display all fields where field "Silca" is like the users input.

PPC Version 0.78
  • Started modularizing code
  • Added variable to global s to contain extensions that when linked to ppcw will shell out. which means you can resize an image but link to that image to view it larger.
  • Added SQL Search ability
PC Version 0.78
  • Started modularizing code
  • Added variable to globals to contain extensions that when linked to ppcw will shell out. which means you can resize an image but link to that image to view it larger.
  • Fixed removed file path when creating contents list.
  • Added SQL Search ability

Last edited: