PHP work needed

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone who can build me an external PHP server.
I need to send a HTTP request to a listening PHP server which will do some things on server side and give be an XML/JSON response back.

I can't pay a lot, however if you ever need some functions that are unaccesible in Basic4Android, I could make a library for you.

Please PM me for additional information, comment below or add me on skype: "XverhelstX".

Kind regards,
Tomas

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
You mean you want a website, (LAMP), with PHP installed on it? And I would need to code some PHP scripting to respond to your incoming B4A app?

I have such a website that you can use and I can code in PHP to help you.

How long would you need the use of my website and how much coding do you need in PHP?

Please PM me...

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sound like you need a webservice on the server ? If you are still looking I can code PHP, .net

I have done similar for other apps, just send an http client request from b4a and then read the result ?

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
Look into setting up a rackspace.com cloud ubuntu server
I think you can get the pricing down to under $20/month
for full root access with the ability to expand as needed

MiniDemonic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does it have to specifically be a PHP enabled webserver? I don't know what you want to do but shouldn't you be able to do the same by using pure UDP or TCP sockets?

If you can then I could make an UDP or TCP server tailored to work exactly like you want it.

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Look into setting up a rackspace.com cloud ubuntu server
I think you can get the pricing down to under $20/month
for full root access with the ability to expand as needed

1849WebHosting.com has Linux servers for 4.95/mo and VPS servers for 9.95/mo with full root access. They can also provide low cost PCI compliance for your website.

timwil

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am currently using cirrushosting.com out of Canada on a $7 per month web server. My database is MySQL and I am using .php web pages to do the work. I have a .php script that gets the device id, user id, password, function and any additional information from a HTTP GET sent from my b4a application. The .php script then does the function required and returns the information as a long string to b4a that processes the result.

So yes it is possible - and actually quite easy

The reason for using http over UDP or TCP is that you would have to built a server program to do that - the web server is already a server program that has been tested for a number of years and is easily scalable. My first version of my program used a custom tcp server in vb6 and that required a windows server which started at $100 per month plus there were some errors that I found along the way. Moving to the web server made my life a whole lot easier

If you need some assistance in this let me know

Tim