Physical contact address on Google Play

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It can be possible that putting an email address maybe enough, see the discussion here: https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=1340

It's a shame that there is "no right venue" at google to publicly discuss this matter. So the thread's been closed.

i dont think that an email will be enough because you have a section where you need to put an email so why put the same thing in 2 different places?
i put as my physical adress only country, state and zip code

i hope that will be enough, if not i will consider to remove my paid apps and offer only free apps (if you offer only free apps you dont need to add a physical adress)

joseluis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you thought about selling apps in other markets and using gplay only for the free ones, linking to the paid app inside the free app? Is that prohibited also?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
where can you sell it? amazon?
i tried to open an account in amazon but they ask to much questions, i think also you need to be a company to sell apps in amazon (but i am not sure)
so i gave up and stay in GP
i dont make much with my selling so it wont be hard for me to stop selling apps on GP, but the free apps makes me some money (admob ads)

the problem with Google is that every month they have new rules and make it harder for freelancer like us.
the thing is that the market if full with developers so the big companies now need to filter as much as they can so they put new rules
and policies like this maybe there will be a new balance in the market...

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't find that Amazon asked too many questions, I've got my Apps on there as well and whilst you don't get as many downloads as Google Play, I find it does give a boost of between 10 and 20% on numbers. There is also Slideme.org where you can sell Apps as well, but I've only put the free versions on there. The numbers on slideme seem quite low and erratic, i.e. no real correlation to Google Play.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes but google need to be an example and should provide their physical adress also if they only offer free apps

i found lots of companies selling apps that didnot update their physical adress so i think its not really a great idea from google
first they took from us our costumer details and now we should show our details to costumers

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes but google need to be an example and should provide their physical adress also if they only offer free apps

i found lots of companies selling apps that didnot update their physical adress so i think its not really a great idea from google
first they took from us our costumer details and now we should show our details to costumers

Customers already get our details. This policy update publicly displays it. Found this.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I read in another forum about 1Mobile.. what's that and can it replace google play?

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
I read in another forum about 1Mobile.. what's that and can it replace google play?

I wouldn't touch 1Mobile.

In their "Links" section at the bottom of the website, they have a link to a pirate website. I wouldn't want my apps associated with piracy.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User