Share My Creation Pixel_Studio

hi

here is my latest creation (it is not 100% finished, need to complete the community section)
i would like to thanx a lot to @DonManfred for his Gif Encoder Wrapper and to everybody else in this
Forum.

Description:

8 Bit Draw Pixel Studio is the best tool available to create 8 bit animations directly on your android device
and export them as a gif animation file or sprite sheet to your pc or share them with your friends.

8 Bit Draw Pixel Studio got lots of useful tools that makes 8 bit drawing easy and fun.

download it now for free and start share your 8 Bit Pixel creation with your friend and if you
are a game developer you can use your 8 Bit Pixel creations in your games by exporting it as
a sprite sheet.

Have Fun :)

Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.eightbit

Gif's created with 8_Bit Draw
(click on the gif to watch animation)

Flappy Bird.gif Minions.gif Pulp Fiction.gif Where is my Perry.gif Talking Girl.gif

Sprites created with 8_Bit Draw:

Flappy Bird.jpg

Nyan Cat.jpg

Where is my Perry.jpg

Video:

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
2 Suggetsions:

1 - Why not provide a few example sprites, just to let the user have a "hands on" feel?

2 - when adding a new frame, the user could choose whether to or not to copy the previous frame.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
2 Suggetsions:

1 - Why not provide a few example sprites, just to let the user have a "hands on" feel?

2 - when adding a new frame, the user could choose whether to or not to copy the previous frame.

Good ideas, thank you :)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just think why the app icon does not in 8 bit too?

Daniel-White

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ilan, My daughter is playing with your APP, and I mentoring her how to use it, and it is very friendly to use.
However we detected an error, we saved a file with the name 1 and when were trying to load it again the APP show this error.
The error:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-09-20-30-50.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-09-20-30-50.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 226

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ilan, My daughter is playing with your APP, and I mentoring her how to use it, and it is very friendly to use.
However we detected an error, we saved a file with the name 1 and when were trying to load it again the APP show this error.
The error:

Hi daniel, thank you for reporting it to me i will fix it and upload a new version :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
why not name it pixel_draw?

8 bit draw is kind of confusing. why?

do you limit the edit colors to 256 different colors or max 4 or 8? then it's 2 or 3 bit.

a single color channel is 8 bit but the color you select is actually 24 bit as it consists of 3 8 bit channels.

8 bit computers reference? sure, but none of them had this wide pallet. most of them had 8, 16, 32 colors (3/4/5 bit) (C16 & Plus4 were the exeptions here)
the high color ones where 16bit machies (amiga/atari st/...)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
why not name it pixel_draw?

8 bit draw is kind of confusing. why?

do you limit the edit colors to 256 different colors or max 4 or 8? then it's 2 or 3 bit.

a single color channel is 8 bit but the color you select is actually 24 bit as it consists of 3 8 bit channels.

8 bit computers reference? sure, but none of them had this wide pallet. most of them had 8, 16, 32 colors (3/4/5 bit) (C16 & Plus4 were the exeptions here)
the high color ones where 16bit machies (amiga/atari st/...)

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ok, ok i will consider it....

"Pixel Studio" what do you say?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
new version has been updloaded 5 min ago (v1.04)

lots of improvements and new features you guys have suggested.

(Note: project that where made with older version will not work on the latest version. i hade to change the way i save cells and load them to be able to share them
in the community section and also export as zip and share via mail (community section is still under construction))

to delete all old project at once you need to "LongClick" on the "Load" button in the main screen.

some new features:

* Layer (you can get the last drawn frame with alpha 50 to the background and like this you draw easier the new frame)

* color cell clear (you have now 2 cell clear options, the default and color clear. color clear mode will clear ONLY cells with the last selected color and all other cells will stay drawn)

* export to zip (you can now export your project to zip file and share them with other Pixel_Studio users. to import a zip just click on the "import" button and grab the zip file from you File.DirRootExternal folder

* fixed: font size, load project crash (if name was only numbers like: 1,2,3,...), performance improvement, added 2 examples on first app start,...)

*changed: icon, app name,

thanks to all of you for your feedbacks :)

PS: TODO: community section! (3-5 days)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A good improvement would be to add an option to let the user create pixel-art by pixelizing existing photos:)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just need to use a canvas to draw from the existing image to the destination (mutable) N*N bitmap

Similar to the first block of code lines here :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Layer (you can get the last drawn frame with alpha 50 to the background and like this you draw easier the new frame)

they call this onion skinning. don't ask me where they found the link between an onion and the result of that effect tho :)