Play phone ringer sound app

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wrote a very small app to help me learn b4a. I need some help in finishing it. I've posted some questions in the Questions forum but have not had any answers for several days so I'm assuming no one has any more time to take a look at this and help. I don't think it's very hard for an experienced B4A developer but I'm a B4A newbie so it's hard for me to figure out the answer.

My app has 3 buttons that you can press to set the phone ringer volume (level 4 or 8 or 12). Then you press the Play button and the phone ringer sounds. The part I need help to finish is that the ringer always plays at the same volume level, no matter what you set the ringer volume to (4 or 8 or 12). I want to ringer to play at the selected ringer volume when the Play button is pressed.

I've got everything else working in this small app (as far as I know).

I'm attaching the .zip file. If you're interested in getting this to work as I've described, email or message me with your price.

Thanks...

Attachments

• phone_test.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 352

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Klas for your help. Please check your messages. I'm sending you payment information.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't want any payment !
Eventhough your question was in the Android Job Offers Forum.
I tried to solve your problem because you posted also the project.
It is very difficult and almost impossible to help with just some code snippets.
In many of such cases I don't even try to answer anymore.
In your case it didn't take me much time to find the solution. I've helped others needing much more time to solve the problem without payment.
I help on this forum because I like doing it.

Best regards.

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
And its the unselfish donation of time and knowledge that makes Klaus and so many others key parts of this forum and B4A! We all owe these contributors a huge debt of gratitude...Sometimes thanks just doesn't feel like enough, but I'm sure the old adage "one good turn deserves another" will some day allow some of us who have learned from their knowledge to return the favor to someone else in need of insight.

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
And its the unselfish donation of time and knowledge that makes Klaus and so many others key parts of this forum and B4A! We all owe these contributors a huge debt of gratitude...Sometimes thanks just doesn't feel like enough, but I'm sure the old adage "one good turn deserves another" will some day allow some of us who have learned from their knowledge to return the favor to someone else in need of insight.

You're absolutely right Tom...I've learned a lot so far (much of it from Klaus and Erel to name a few) and have myself started to help answer some newbie questions where and when I can.