https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Plazmobapps.PlazBasketball

Hi all this is my second attempt to create a game thanks to LIBGDX and BOX2D
in few words
Plaz BasketBall is a Realistic 2D basketball shooter Featuring :
Advanced Physics
Realistic Sounds
Trickshots
2 Ways Of shooting the ball Fling or Grab And Throw
Variable Score Depending on the Features of the shot (Distance,Speed ,Max Height, Bounces and more...)
Many Game Modes ( Higher Score , trickshots, Continius Shooting, 10 Balls Shots and more..)
Difuclty levels wich will change the Fling ball helper

I believe that this game is a great timekiller,
that will give you the feeling of streetball

Its not yet finished But this is just the start among all these features im planing to add multiplayer

Please take a look and Write any comments.
My grafix are not very good , so any graphics designer willing to help or even partner with me please im me.
Thanx Alot Guys and thanx alot B4A!!

Zakerg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded your game and I really like the outside park setting. The sound effects are great and the physics of the basketball hitting the backboard and rim are realistic. The bounce looks real for the first few bounces but then it goes flat. I suspect you did this to save time if there were too many bounces. Perhaps if the player could retrieve the ball by touching it while it was still bouncing.
There is a problem with the text for scoring, difficulty etc. It is at the top edge of the screen and is too small to read easily on a Galaxy S5. The text of the pop-up that open when you press the phone back arrow is also hard to read though the Yes/No option buttons are fine.
My biggest concern is playability. In real life, no one shoots the ball over the top of the backboard and rarely does any one shoot a shot that is 3 feet short. More than 50% of my shots go over the top of the backboard, either I am too strong or the ball is too light. I have been able to make 2 shots in a row so I know good shots are possible, but it seems like I am trying to find the sweet spot between zero and infinity not between 1 foot too long and 1 foot too short. I also could not see a significant difference between the difficulty levels though I did not spend much time testing them.
Also on two occasions the ball disappeared and did not return. In one instance the ball went high, the shadow moved toward the basket and stopped under the basket, the ball never came down and did not return. On the second occasion, the ball was on the right side of the screen, I reached for it with my finger and somehow pushed it off the screen but the shadow remained and the ball did not return.
The way you have the graphics set up it should be possible for you to rotate the basket and backboard to duplicate a corner shot in some future update. I always thought the corner shot swish was one of the coolest shots.
I have tried several times to incorporate LIBGDX in a project but wasn't able to get it to work. What you have done is way beyond what I was trying to do - I applaud you. I look forward to updates and hope your game is very successful.

appie21

Licensed User
Longtime User
I try tis game to
Very nice
The pysics of the ball are ok!

Now work on your intro and Design!

Panagitois Lazos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Zakerg thank you very much for your good words and your in deapth analysis! I 'm realy greatfull you took the time to do it.
  • The ball bounces this way so it will be reastic to backboard and rim bounce . i agree that its not that good with the ground bounce .
  • The Fonts are not good specialy for high resolution screens , Ill change them next update
  • You will be able to retrive the ball in practice mode but you cant do it in game mode cause i need to evaluate the shoot parameters (Distance,Speed ,Max Height, Bounces and more...).
  • Dificulty level only matters if you make shots in fling mode (by not grabbing the ball but by flinging on the screen) where you will notice great difference between easy - normal and hard(all of these modes will be in the first menu)
  • The push out of the world bugs will be soon corrected thanks for noticing!
I also like the corner shot swish but i was mainly a power forward when i was playing basketball so i didn't used it much :)
Thanx Again!

appie21 thank you , ill try to do my best but im not realy good in graphics so let me repeat what i said in my first post in case someone sees it :) :
any graphics designer willing to help or even partner with me please im me.

Panagitois Lazos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all again
the new version (3) is Published With a whole new menu and popup windows ,new fonts witch i believe that will be ok for higher resolution
also every shot you do is evalueted and named,you can sugest me names for the shots if u like.
you can now choose control modes if you want fling or grab or both.
there are many thing under construction but after this upate the game feels more complete.
Please any comments are helpfull!
thank you all!

Zakerg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like your changes. The controls and scoring are much clearer. I think my finger must have been in a slump the first time I tried it. I was able to make a lot more baskets today.

Zakerg

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I wrote the comment I had just tried it in easy but I went back today and also tried normal and hard and was able to make baskets in both. I don't know if the change you made effected all three but the game did seem more playable at all levels. When I went from hard to easy, I did hit a dry spell and could not make a basket but I would assume that was just me trying to adjust from one level of difficulty to another.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had a play aswell last weekend.

The only thing I miss is a world record per level or something, now I scored 7 points but I didn't have a clue if that was good or not (probably not ;) )

Zakerg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just tried your game again the ball seems just a little bigger, though it goes through the hoop fine, and it looks brighter. I was able to shoot over 50% in practice and had 41 points in 20 ball. The game is vary playable compared to the first time I tried it. For my flick shots I move my finger from top of the far right fence post toward the light above and it seems to allow more control of distance.