iOS Question Please add two ints as input to this OBJC function

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
About a year ago @JordiCP made a nice solution for adjusting the link color in textviews. It can be found here:

However, he hardcoded the colors in the OBJC code, and I would like them to be inputs instead. I have tried for almost a full day to achieve this seemingly basic adjustment but I just can't seem to figure it out. Therefore I'm asking if someone in the forum can help out?

In my situation I actually have the colors defined as hex strings, but I can easily convert them to ints using this function by Erel:

This is how far I've come by searching the interwebs and the stack overflows, which is not a working solution:
B4X:
Me.As(NativeObject).RunMethod("changeTextViewLinkAttributes:", Array(myTextView, 16711680, 16711680))
(The 16711680 is simply #FF0000 as Int, hardcoded at the moment while testing.)

Objective-C:
#if OBJC
-(void) changeTextViewLinkAttributes:(UITextView *) textView: (int) linkColor: (int) underlineColor {

NSDictionary *linkAttributes = @{

NSForegroundColorAttributeName:
            [UIColor
                colorWithRed:((float)((linkColor & 0xFF0000) >> 16))/255.0 \
                green:((float)((linkColor & 0x00FF00) >>  8))/255.0 \
                blue:((float)((linkColor & 0x0000FF) >>  0))/255.0 \
                alpha:1.0],

NSUnderlineColorAttributeName: 
            [UIColor
                colorWithRed:((float)((underlineColor & 0xFF0000) >> 16))/255.0 \
                green:((float)((underlineColor & 0x00FF00) >>  8))/255.0 \
                blue:((float)((underlineColor & 0x0000FF) >>  0))/255.0 \
                alpha:1.0],

NSUnderlineStyleAttributeName: @(NSUnderlineStyleSingle)
        };

textView.linkTextAttributes = linkAttributes;  
}
#End If

The error for the above is...
B4X:
Method not found: changeTextViewLinkAttributes: <snip>
...so I assume there is something I just don't understand when it comes to the OBJC parameters.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome, thank you!

And for the readers of the thread that, like me, couldn't really see what the difference was:
  1. The call to the function now uses three colons. (Perhaps one colon per parameter?)
  2. In OBJC it seems a parameter in the signature must end with a space and THEN a colon. I had done the opposite.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. True.
2. The confusing syntax is related to the parameters names kept empty. Another example that will clarify the syntax:
B4X:
-(void) changeTextViewLinkAttributes:(UITextView *) textView LinkColorParam:(int)linkColor UnderlineParam:(int) underlineColor {
Me.As(NativeObject).RunMethod("changeTextViewLinkAttributes:LinkColorParam:UnderlineParam:", Array(myTextView, 16711680, 16711680))
'and calling from Objective C:
[self changeTextViewLinkAttributes:TextView1 LinkColorParam:1234 UnderlineParam:5678]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It sure is a different syntax. It kind of looks like named parameters, but as far as I can tell it really isn't. Found some more to read about it here:

Specifically this answer:

(I realize you know all this, Erel, I'm just adding the links above for other's - and my future - benefit.)

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…