Please, Help me solve this bitmap function

Scantech

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you help me solve this bitmap function. Bit0 to Bit4 is part of one system that i understand and each bits are independently from each other. But, 2 Banks system confused me with the instructions.

Fuel System A
bit 0 (1 = OL - Bank1 or Both)
bit 1 (1 = Closed Loop)
bit 2 (1 = Open Loop Driving - Bank1 or Both)
bit 3 (1 = Open Loop Fault - Bank1 or Both)
bit 4 (1 = Closed Loop Fault - Bank1 or Bank2)
bit 5 (1 = Open Loop - Bank2)
bit 6 (1 = Open Loop Drive - Bank2)
bit 7 (1 = Open Loop Fault - Bank2)

Fuel system status shall be supported by spark ignition vehicles that use closed loop feedback control of air/fuel ratio.

NOTE: Fuel systems "A" and "B" do not refer to injector banks. Fuel systems "A" and "B" are intended to represent completely different fuel systems that can independently enter and exit closed-loop fuel.
For manufacturers that independently enter and exit closed loop by bank on a single fuel system, Data A bits 0-7 can be used to report status of each bank. For manufacturers that do not independently enter and exit closed loop by bank on a single fuel system, Data A bits 0-4 can be used to report status of both banks.

Note: For two bank systems, if there is an oxygen sensor fault on at least one bank and at least one bank remains closed loop, Bit 4 (CL Fault) shall be set to 1 and bit 1 (CL) shall be set to 0. Bits 3 (OL Fault B1) and 7 (OL fault B2) shall reflect the correct open/closed loop status. For two bank systems with cylinder deactivation, if all cylinders on one bank are deactivated while the other bank is in closed loop operation and no system fault detected on either bank, bit 1 (CL) shall be set to 1 and bit 2 (OL Drive B1) and bit 6 (OL Drive B2) shall reflect the correct open/closed loop status. Cylinder deactivation using single cylinders is not reflected within this PID.
For engines that employ two different types fuel systems (e.g. Direct Injection and Port Fuel Injection), fuel system “A” shall be the Direct Injection system and fuel system “B” shall be the Port Fuel Injection system.

For dual fuel engines that employ two different fuel systems (e.g. Diesel and CNG), fuel system “A” shall be the diesel fuel system “B” shall be the CNG system.
For bi-fuel/alternative fuel engines, (e.g. gasoline and CNG), fuel system “A” shall be the gasoline fuel system, fuel system “B” shall be the CNG system.
For single fuel systems, only fuel system A shall be used.
For engines that are not described above, fuel system “A” shall be the fuel system that the engine was originally certified with and fuel system “B” shall the system that was added by the engine modifier.

If the engine is off and the ignition is on, all bits in Data Byte A and Data Byte B shall be reported as '0'. For vehicles that employ engine shutoff strategies (e.g. engine shutoff at idle) all bits in Data Byte A and Data Byte B shall be reported as '0', when the engine is turned off by the vehicle control system