Games Please rate this idea

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please rate this idea:

A climbing-type game where a character climbs a mountain.
for each success the player can write his player name. This name would be a ranking for all players and would be seen on the mountain.

Would players like to put the name? This is interesting?

What pros and cons do you see?

Thank you.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can see some interest... maybe add the time stanp to the "flag"... extra points for being the first to do it is also an Idea...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please rate this idea:

A climbing-type game where a character climbs a mountain.
for each success the player can write his player name. This name would be a ranking for all players and would be seen on the mountain.

Would players like to put the name? This is interesting?

What pros and cons do you see?

Thank you.

this is a very nice idea. its a new type of scoreboard where you can see in realtime if you broke a hi-score of another player.i like the flag with your name and maybe avatar or photo as the hi-score you have reached and every player can see it.

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
this is a very nice idea. its a new type of scoreboard where you can see in realtime if you broke a hi-score of another player.i like the flag with your name and maybe avatar or photo as the hi-score you have reached and every player can see it.
1) and about bad words and trolls?
2) What best way to do this? Google play services? B4J server?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) and about bad words and trolls?
2) What best way to do this? Google play services? B4J server?

1. is always an issue. you would also be surprised what people come up with to have their name look good by using all sorts of weird characters you've never seen before. This can be prevented by locking it down to just standard chars & numbers.

2. if you have some hosting already I'd just do it in php+mysql.

on the other hand that google thing has the benefit that they login already (if they can)
so there's no issue like when 2 people want to use johndoe as high score name.
not sure if you can use google play services on ios aswell to have a global OS independent leaderboard.