Wish PocketBase library for B4J / B4A

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I believe that allowing a B4J / B4A / B4i program to use the functions offered by a system like PocketBase, and in particular the realtime functions, is of great interest to all users of Anywhere Software environments, as it was when Libraries for Firebase have been published
But unlike Firebase, using PocketBase would allow you to have a system completely under control, without the need to rely on third party services

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a great starting point for using the API.
PocketBase doesn't offer a Client but only SDK to build your own client using the API.
That source explains very easily how to use the API if you feel like building the library you are looking for yourself

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree with @Star-Dust, the documentation is fairly easy to follow. What can be done like Ive planned is just extend on the class that was provided to touch on all the aspects like crud functionality and the subscription functionality you mention, which is rather an interesting point.

Yes its cool that one does not really have to create any back-end using it because its a webserver also in its own right.

I will push more functions and also explain how it works using HttpUtils, but again, as you will note its just reproduction and testing that everything works with b4x, which so far with the first example has been a good go.

If you are in a hurry you can extend the class provided as I will be possibly pushing more posts on that thread based on available time on my side.

Happy coding.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree with @Star-Dust, the documentation is fairly easy to follow. What can be done like Ive planned is just extend on the class that was provided to touch on all the aspects like crud functionality and the subscription functionality you mention, which is rather an interesting point.

Yes its cool that one does not really have to create any back-end using it because its a webserver also in its own right.

I will push more functions and also explain how it works using HttpUtils, but again, as you will note its just reproduction and testing that everything works with b4x, which so far with the first example has been a good go.

If you are in a hurry you can extend the class provided as I will be possibly pushing more posts on that thread based on available time on my side.

Happy coding.
It's not at all difficult. I'm good at the features.
I need to add only SSE connection for events

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought you asked for help because you didn't know the API documentation and that source would help you build it yourself.

But you rightly point out that you want someone else to do it for you and so the source is of no help here

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to add only SSE connection for events
The b4j examples now includes a working version of this, with SSE. Thanks to an old example that Erel with.

I guess it should be manageable to port it to b4a.

Enjoy and happy coding..