B4J Question Poor quality of printout using jFX8print

jantorun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I am struggling with simple printing on A4 paper and also on PDF-printer using the jFX8print library.
The printout has a week quality/resolution for text and barcode:

As I need to scan the barcode from the printout it is essential for me to have a much better resolution.
The small project is attached. Any support is welcome.
Jan

Attachments

• PrintTest.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 204

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Am trying to run the project to find out where the problem is but am missing the following jar : java-barcode-2.0.3.jar

Could you please upload it so i can check the project problem.

Thank you,
Saif

Upvote 0

jantorun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Attached is the Lib.
It is not only the barcode that has poor resolution but also simple text (e.g. a font 8dot is so milky that it is almost unreadable).

Thanks
Jan

Attachments

• java-barcode-2.0.3.jar
    130.3 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0

jantorun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved: Using scaled output

Hello,

by looking at the example provided by Steve together with the lib I saw that I ignored the scaleoutput routine which is essential.
I added this to my project (attached) and now the printout is much better (on pdf and on paper):

These steps were done:
- The canvas and the items on it (values referred to 1/72") have to be blown up, in my case *4.5
- The output has to be sclaed with a routine like this (source is from Steve, I added a small Zoomfactor):
Printpage with calling ScaleOutput:
PJ.PrintPage(ScaleOutput(PJ.GetPrinter,PrintCanvas, 1.2))
Scale Output:
Sub ScaleOutput(P As Printer, N As Node, ZoomFactor As Double) As Node
    Dim PL As PageLayout = P.GetDefaultPageLayout
    Dim ScaleX,ScaleY As Double
    Dim NJO As JavaObject = N
    Dim JO As JavaObject = N
    ScaleX = ZoomFactor * PL.GetPrintableWidth / JO.RunMethodJO("getBoundsInParent",Null).RunMethod("getWidth",Null)
    ScaleY = ZoomFactor * PL.GetPrintableHeight / JO.RunMethodJO("getBoundsInParent",Null).RunMethod("getHeight",Null)
    Dim SJO As JavaObject
    SJO.InitializeNewInstance("javafx.scene.transform.Scale",Array(ScaleX,ScaleY))
    NJO.RunMethodJO("getTransforms",Null).RunMethod("add",Array(SJO))
    Return NJO
End Sub

Regards
Jan

Attachments

• PrintTest.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…