POS Printer

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Today I got this little toy: http://www.amazon.com/Mini-58mm-Printer-Thermal-Receipt/dp/B00AQSOLUQ#productDetails for 28€.

It works with Linux, XP and WIN7 (WIN8.1 is a bit complicated to install).

I need it for my actual project (b4a app on tablets <-> XAMPP on a WIN7 machine php & MySql and a VB.net app with some functions). Everything is ready, except the print thing. Will add this the next days and report if someone is interested.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@KMatle I've created an epos solution for Windows that includes an printing module for my Android EPoS solution. I used to own Simply EPoS, but I gave that up last year, but that's because I've now created an Android solution to link with my Windows EPoS and Windows Invoicing solutions (they use the same MySQL database), I've now setup a new business for that. As you can tell from my signature, invoicing is one of my specialties and that also incorporates EPoS and EPoS printing. My solutions also incorporates electronic cash drawers and twin rows pole displays integration.

One of my Android apps incorporates customer table ordering (restaurant/cafe/bar style), custom table placement builder, order top up (add drinks and extra munchies at will) and multiple user switching and login features (I login and my tables and orders are shown, you login and yours are shown). Android EPoS printing is built into the Windows software, this can also print orders meant for kitchens directly to a kitchen if needed (create food order on Android device, order is printed on an EPoS printer), I used to be 'Posiflex' reseller and I still have a business account with them.

I also have another app that once again works in conjunction with my main Windows software that thousands of users are using world wide. This app once again links directly to windows via MySQL and is designed specifically for warehouse management. At the moment I have a privately owned Ford distributer beta testing that for me as they also use my Simply Invoice SE in multiple business locations. All my customer databases are held online (I charges a yearly fee) plus my online server is a 4 disk raid.

I will be releasing this app shortly, yet another Android app that will link directly to my main Windows solution (but can also work stand alone wither with MySQL(using my online server) or its built in SQLite database, there's a good reason for that, people on the move). Here is that soon to be released Android solution https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-invoicing-app-powered-by-my-online-server.49460/. These databases are also held on my online server.

Once I'm 100% happy with my EPoS solution, I'll be uploading the website which has been created and putting some screen shots of the app on here. I already have a select few customers of mine beta testing it in their businesses for me, they are happy and so am I $$$.

Good much with your Android app @KMatle , I'm sure that it will be good.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very Nice! @Peter Simpson

It's just one of my "learning projects". And I learn a lot. Maybe I seel it to some local stores (Cafés, restaurants) but I have no time to provide any services for them.

May I ask what kind of webserver you have for >1K users?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You may ask @KMatle.
My server is quite powerful and apart from Hardware RAID 4 x 1TB SSD with 32GB of memory(could probably to with more in the future, but money talks), it has also got dedicated KVM, 2 x Xeon E5 processors, unlimited data transfer on multiple 1Gbps ports running on a linux box with 4 dedicated IP addresses. It does have some other bells and whistles but those are the basics specs. I've concidered moving onto a Windows server because I also develop e-commerce website using asp.net and those are on another server which is an 8 way shared VPV server.

Current screen shot of my server stats.
Untitled-1.gif

When I finally release my Android app I'm expecting to add a lot more MySQL databases to the server, as I said previously, each user has their own database. So if my Android app does as well as I would like it to, then I would probably have to upgrade to a more powerful server which means more cash :(. If that happens then I will definitely move over to a Windows server, then I can save money by moving my customers e-commerce website over to the windows server as well as well as my domain names and websites which are on a shared server with another hosting company. But that's all in the future, lets see how my Android app sells first, if at all. My app uses a specially created MariaDB library. I'm sure that the developer will release it on here sooner or later, I prefer later though lol...

Last edited: