Posting A Question too soon...

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see sometimes, but not always, members (or newbies) posting questions "before" figuring out on their own resolve.

I personally, ask questions as a last resort. You and I are generally smart enough to figure the issue out prior to "jumping on" to the community to help figure this out for you...

We are all busy, willing to help, but please - take some time and study your issue - before (habitually) posting your request.

Yes, this can be difficult searching subjects (seems the only trace) - but forge on...

You will often find that you can resolve it (your issue) without cluttering the forum question space - from past posts - or your own intellect.

Please understand - I don't imply nor discourage asking valid questions to help you with your issue(s).

Simply, I often see a "link" posted by others to the same issue asked and answered before. This takes time from all of us to "really" help you out... (re-searching and re-posting what you may have found).

Thanks

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/cry-wolf

Cry Wolf

to ask for help when you do not need it, which may prevent people from helping you when you do need it:
ie.
The administration has cried wolf so many times, it's difficult to know if there's a problem or not.

Last edited: