iOS Question Pre-Sale question about NFC on b4i

pixsys

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, after a year or so spent developing an nfc app with b4a, i'm now looking forward to a possible ios port, and was considering the purchase of b4i .

The app reads, interprets and writes NFC-V (ISO 15693) tags inside various devices.

This is done in b4a with a custom version of the java library released by the hardware manifacturer (ST).
The library imports android.nfc.tag and then declares an android.nfc.tech.nfcv and calls methods like .transceive, passing various communication frames.

Will that library still be usable on b4i? Is there an easy way to port it without having to redesign it from scratch (which would take ALOT of time)?

And if both answers are negative, are there any plans for native nfcv support on b4i, or third party libraries that accomplish the same result?

Thanks

pixsys

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the very quick answer :)

But does that mean that the nfc sensor on iphone 6+ is "locked" by the OS and can only be used in specific ways / disabled for 3rd party apps? Or nfcv is not supported, but other nfc standards work?

edit: nvm, seems like the iphone can only receive and read an nfc field (mostly for tag emulation&payments, probably locked to us), not emit one to discover tags :(
if that is correct all i can hope for is apple to change its mind in the next iteration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0