Android Question Printing to Built-in Printer

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by elitevenkat, Jun 23, 2015.

1. elitevenkat

elitevenkat Active Member Licensed User

I have a Andriod POS machine with a built-in printer. How do i print from my application ? there is no documentation with the hardware!!!
    Has anyone used this kind of device ?

2. aviario

aviario Active Member Licensed User

3. timwil

timwil Active Member Licensed User

I recently got an Android POS device with built in printer. They provided some .so library files and a sample/demo program. I had #Walter Flores here in the forum do up a wrapper for the library and it is printing very well - no problems.

It will all depend on how your printer is connected. My guess is that it is on a serial port in which case you might try the direct serial output. I am including a program that worked for me on my device without the library. The device has a serial port that I connected an external DataMax ticket printer to and it printed with no problems. If you device is connected directly (which I suspect it is) to a RS232 port then you would just need to find the name of the serial port to use it. Mine was /dev/ttyS2

Attached Files:

walterf25 and DonManfred like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice