Problem loading Hardware dlls

funkyjunk

Licensed User
I just installed the basic4ppc yesterday and I'm getting the following error when I add the Hardware dlls to my project.

"Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information."

The Hardware.dll and HardwareDesktop.dll are copied into my build directory as they should be, but it throws up an error and I can't add a hardware object to the project.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You get that error if you add both the Hardware and the HardwareDesktop libraries into either the device or the desktop. Add only the Hardware.dll to the device and only HardwareDesktop to the Desktop. The desktop and device require different libraries because their hardware is significantly different. In fact HardwareDesktop is largely non-functional on the desktop but exists so that code can be run on the desktop using dummy hardware library methods before being run on the device where it will work fully. There are a few other libraries that supply different desktop and device libraries owing to differences between device and desktop but most libraries will work on both and only provide a single dll.

funkyjunk

Licensed User
Thanks

Ah - me stupidly had added the Hardware dll to the desktop and the HardwareDestop dll to the device. I'm new with this product!