Android Question Problem playing custom sound in Notification Builder Library

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using the Notification Builder Library developed by @barx to handle the incoming notifications to my device. I am however having a problem with the CustomSound functionality. When I directly copy a 'notification.ogg' file to the 'Notifications' folder on my device, it works fine when I use the code Notification2.CustomSound = "file:///sdcard/notifications/notification.ogg"

However, when I copy the 'notification.ogg' file to the File.DirDefaultExternal folder, I cannot seem to play it from that folder. I've tried several paths (using file:///) but I just can't seem to get it to play. Will it not work from the File.DirDefaultExternal folder? I've posted the question in the Notification Builder forum, but @barx also doesn't seem to know if it would work or not. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Regards

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
It sounds like this is a problem that only affects guys called Dieter! I just ended up using the SoundPool library, so I play the notification file when the notification comes through

B4X:
Dim SP As SoundPool
Dim snd_file As Int

SP.Initialize(1)
   snd_file = SP.Load(File.DirAssets,"my_sound.ogg")

Upvote 0

Dieter Baumgartner

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much, this works. Sometimes the easiest way is the best, but i was so fixed to get the Notification Builder custom sound running, that i didn't see the easy way !!

Upvote 0