B4J Question Problems building b4xlib, what am I doing wrong... [SOLVED]

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all

I tried to pack one my library to b4xlib but I had some strange issues, after
I add my class module and manifest.txt in the file and renaming it from .zip to .b4xlib, I put
it in B4J Additional Libraries folder.

Refreshing the IDE library tab I can see it, but a message will appear that says that a word is not in a dictionary,
probably the error is parsing the manifest file.

After this the ide just see version 0.00, but I set it in the manifest.txt this way:
Version=1.00
After this my class is not recognized at all in my project.

Note that with class inline in the project all is working.
Here I suppose I do some confusion because the class name is AsyncCanvas and the b4xlib library name is jAsyncCanvas to target B4J platform.

Because all this not works, I've decided to create a small project with just a small class that do nothing, just sum two numbers, this to test it. In this case after selectig it in the tab, the IDE recognize my class and I can dimension and use it, even return a sum number :D, but I always have the same message that may manifest cannot parse a word.

Here is the content of the manifest:
Version=1.00
Supported Platforms=B4J
B4J.DependsOn=JavaObject, jXUI
note that JavaObject and jXUI are not really required here, I just put it to have the same on the main project.
I omitted other platform dependences because it only should work on B4J, but even if I specified it should
work only on B4J, the IDE see it multiplatform, see attached screenshot.

What I doing wrong ?
I've a chance to get it working ? o_O

Attached the small project and created b4xlib.

Finally, I have to release an open source library in the forum, I want to pack inside b4xlib or I will release the inline code as is, but because b4xlib exists I think it is a best option.

Thanks for any tip to get it working.

Attachments

• MyClass.b4xlib
    640 bytes · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 06-19-23 at 06.16 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 06-19-23 at 06.16 PM.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Test_b4xlib.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, it is not a problem, I will release this code open inside a b4xlib, just don't want post it now public before I post my thread.... is not commercial project... This is mine, your that helped me, even @aeric and all peoples that helped.
This have better value that just an open source, it is a community code and contribution....

I will send you a PM

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't worry I will try to fix the manifest, then pm it back and delete the copy I have.

Upvote 0

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't worry I will try to fix the manifest, then pm it back and delete the copy I have.
You don't need to send back and delete, don't worry, so you just have it before I release public, I will release it in some hours....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
@aeric , you are right, the problem seem to be the #ignoreWarnings in a class, not because it hide warnings (that are controlled here), but because b4xlib don't like it when package ... or may just should be in the main.

Upvote 0