Android Question Problems installing app

Hi everyone!
I using b4a after long time without using it.
I created a simple app to test the correct running of configuration.
I have a Xiaomi A2 lite with Android 9.
Im trying to install a simple App as "Hello world" in my phone using b4a bridge in debugging mode.
The connection is ok, the compilation too, b4a bridge have authorization for install data in my phone...but at the end of the procces, on the phone screen appears "App not installed".

What may be the problem?
Thank you!

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this the VERY first time you installed any B4A app on your device?

If not, then make sure the app you are installing has a unique "package name" (IDE Menu: Project...Build Configurations) - Set it to something like "b4a.example.NewApp" and see if it will install.

Is it does, then this indicates that you were trying to install an older version of an app on top of a newer app that was already on your device that had the same package name.

Upvote 0
Is this the VERY first time you installed any B4A app on your device?

If not, then make sure the app you are installing has a unique "package name" (IDE Menu: Project...Build Configurations) - Set it to something like "b4a.example.NewApp" and see if it will install.

Is it does, then this indicates that you were trying to install an older version of an app on top of a newer app that was already on your device that had the same package name.

Amazing!!
This solution works perfectly.
Thank you so much JohnC!!!
Problem solved!!👍

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Each different app should have a unique package name.

Most of the samples you download from this forum will have the package name of "b4x.example", so trying to install multiple samples will cause this problem.

Upvote 0