Process too long mesaage

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have noticed this message on the forum before.

I have timed the process of Starting the Emulator on my computer.

First time:
Start B4A - Run AVD Manager - Select the Emulator and click Start. This took 20 seconds for the emulator to start and show the text A N D R O I D.

52 secs later it displayed the fancy type ANDROID.

2 minutes and 25 seconds from initial start up of the AVD the Main window with the LOCK was displayed. I unlocked it.

I then clicked F5 and in 45 seconds it had installed and worked.

Other times this can be quicker through to the main screen but take longer in installing the app.

Some other times this does not happen and the message is displayed saying it is taking too long.

This can also happen after it does not work and a fix of the code and ALT + 3 is used. I think the time counted is not reset for the Emulator because the 30 seconds it takes to display the fixed code is not that long a time period.

Sometimes the Too Long message is hidden under other forms on the screen and it would be good if it was a topmost notice.

Knowing it is there I look for it specifically now to make sure I am not just waiting for no reason!

Attachments

• procLong.PNG
    procLong.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 178

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Android emulator is pretty slow. The only way to make it faster is to run it on a stronger computer.

There is no need to turn off the emulator. Once it is online you can install and uninstall your program many times.
Currently the timeout is set by default to 20 seconds. After this duration the message will appear and then it will wait for additional 20 seconds before stopping the action.

Maybe 20 seconds is too short. Can you say which window hid the message box?

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Designer Window has hidden the message.

IDE also if you happen to be typing in it or keeping focus in the IDE.

EDIT -

Did some more testing and found it works better if I turn of the AntiVirus and probably even better if other Services were turned off.

So I will see about getting some more RAM this week - which should help this Vista work a bit more efficient.

EDIT 2 -

Now has 4GB of RAM. Makes some difference in the length of time for the app to compile be installed and run. About 35 to 40 secs. overall. Sometimes less for ALT + 3 changes.

Last edited: