Android Question Progressive web applications PWA

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
i not know what it really is. some apps are hybrid and contains a browser. a very stupid idea because each app have a browser copy.
benefits are hardware access. drawback a browser is "slow". (or you have a cpu with 8 cores ...)
facebook was in past a real app and then they replaced parts of the app with web content so they do not need to update the app in play store.

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
i not know what it really is. some apps are hybrid and contains a browser. a very stupid idea because each app have a browser copy.
benefits are hardware access. drawback a browser is "slow". (or you have a cpu with 8 cores ...)
facebook was in past a real app and then they replaced parts of the app with web content so they do not need to update the app in play store.

but this doesn't solve Huawei's case with another operating system?, I'm going to study Banana as well.

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User

What you think about Banano?

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/banano-for-dummies-by-example.108722/#post-679408

Upvote 0

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
it match your topic. i can't say something about because i not used banano.
my focus at development is always for (spare time) projects:
productive work. less effort. good maintenance. few dependencies.

Upvote 0

ocalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Always is it interesting to listen to opinions, many times the market directs what we should do like Whatsapp, Google and Facebook

Upvote 0