Android Question Ps. tell what this error message means ?

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I attempted to create a program almost exactly like the 1st program given in Klaus Guide...

While compiling it gives me the following error message ..

src\b4a\myFirtB4AProgram\main.java:333: error: <identifier> expected
public b4a.myFirtB4AProgram.new _new = null;
^
1 error

What could be the problem ? ... Thanks in advance...

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upload the project. In the IDE File->Export as ZIP.
Upload the zip

Upvote 0

An Schi

Licensed User
The error probably means that you are very new to b4a ;)
So: welcome onboard! :cool:

The forum is very helpful!
But there is one thing you have to understand: you have to help people to help you!
This is best done by providing as much info as possible. In this case by showing us the code you wrote. Either by pasting it here (with using the insert->code tags!!!) or like Don allready wrote by exporting and uploading your project.

Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
The error probably means that you are very new to b4a ;)
So: welcome onboard! :cool:

The forum is very helpful!
But there is one thing you have to understand: you have to help people to help you!
This is best done by providing as much info as possible. In this case by showing us the code you wrote. Either by pasting it here (with using the insert->code tags!!!) or like Don allready wrote by exporting and uploading your project.

Hi!

Thank you for your warm welcome !

I have uploaded the ZIP file. It is basically Klaus's first program which I have changed some subroutine names.

Thanks

Attachments

• myFirstB4AProgram.zip
    9 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

An Schi

Licensed User
lol - that was hard. Starred at it for way to long to find the error in the code.... :mad:o_O:(;)

Did you somehow add a new module named "new" and then messed around with it?

Whatever......open your project, go to the modules tab (same row where logs, libraries, filesmanager is), click the module named "new", then in the row on the top go to Project -> Remove Modul and remove this "new" modul.
Now your app will compile just fine ;)
Have a nice evening :cool:

Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
lol - that was hard. Starred at it for way to long to find the error in the code.... :mad:o_O:(;)

Did you somehow add a new module named "new" and then messed around with it?

Whatever......open your project, go to the modules tab (same row where logs, libraries, filesmanager is), click the module named "new", then in the row on the top go to Project -> Remove Modul and remove this "new" modul.
Now your app will compile just fine ;)
Have a nice evening :cool:
Hi An,
Thanks a lot ! It worked !

Have another doubt.

I downloaded a Library of Don MansFred (RoundLibrary.zip).. I copied it in MY additional library User-Defined-Folder (where I have set the path), since it is not the Library that comes bundled with B4Android.

However, the IDE does not detect the Library/Functions.

Can you help ?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

An Schi

Licensed User
1) for a new question (which is not related) you should allways start a new thread. This is how the forums search engine and the users and the experts work. (Beside that you might loose a lot time when not doing so, waiting for an answer and all you get is "start a new thread").
2) right-click in the IDEs libraries tab and click refresh. If that does not work, restart the IDE.
3) and just cause you are new ;): did you unzip the download and pasted the files in the additional libraries folder directly, without using any subfolders?

Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi !

Thanks for the info.

I have posted it as a seperate thread now
with more details of the issue.Yes, I had unzipped the file and put it in the path of the Additional Libraries.

Thanks for helping me.

Raman

Upvote 0