Qualitative & Quantitative Analysis for RDP Houses South Africa

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ola

What is an RDP House?

RDP houses are part of a government-funded social housing project in South Africa. They are classified as government property, with no beneficiaries attached. The houses are allocated to homeless families, low-income families, and people with disabilities. For you to qualify for RDP houses, you must meet the National Housing Subsidy Scheme.

rdp.png

So yesterday I had the pleasure to do some analysis on some small sample I got. So I figured out why wouldn't I fire up BVAD3 for the challenge. Besides I can just blur the details as its rather private.

So I ended up adding some drill-down functionality to my listing. We have Count Per Region, Count per Municipality, Count per Township, Count per Surname, Count per Age. These could be useful for some word clouds and other things like averages and some statistics going forward.

In Count per Region, from the sample list we are able to drill down and see who the beneficiaries are.

QAnalysisPerRegion.gif

Last edited:

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
They are classified as government property, with no beneficiaries attached.
So, OK, if you live here, we all know how theoretical that set of rules is.

The whole issue of figuring out the ins and outs of RDP - ranging from honest implementation to corrupt disintegration - is . . . .rife for projects.

I see that that is running from localhost so its evidently not available to outside.

I'd be interested to know what the "purpose" this exercise was?
Because, I know a number of people who study in the field of Human Geography and tools which would give them statistical/analytical information would be useful for them. And, the lower the cost, the better, they being students, I know all their lecturers.

If you don't to go into those details publicly here, then PM, please so I can see if there is anything I can pass on to these folks.

All of this begs the question, I can't remember where it is you work - from those what-do-you-do in your 'normal' day threads......