B4J Question Question about B4J STYLE

AlexOfOz

Licensed User
I have a game in which I want the player to be able to determine the number of playing pieces. I currently have 144 that I have created using the designer - they have various style aspects that don't appear to be do-able using just code, like rounded corners, shadow etc.

But now I want the player to be able to say they want many more, or less, so the only sensible way to do it is by code.

Do I need to capture the design aspects using the STYLE option of an existing piece, and use that to create more pieces? If so, how does it work? I haven't been able to figure it out.

If not, what is the best way for me to allow the player to determine whether they have 20 pieces or 500 pieces. I really don't want to have to create 500 pieces using the designer. That just doesn't seem sensible.

Thanks.

AlexOfOz

Licensed User
Thanks Erel. I got the feeling that it wasn't going to be straight forward, which is why I've battled through with the designer on a number of previous projects. But this needs to go into bigger numbers than they did.

You've opened the door for something new for me to learn, having never touched on B4XView before.

BTW, this project is a MINESWEEPER game, which is fully functional, with the exception that the players are currently locked into a 12 x 12 playing area. My wife loves MINESWEEPER, so I thought why not make one for her.

Upvote 0