Android Question Question about the application update.

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.
I have a question about the application update. I have an app (let's say version 5.5) installed from the Google Play market running on my Android phone.
I've made some changes , changed version number to 5.6, created apk and uploaded the update to the Google Play market. A few hours later it was approved and I see it when I open list of the updates in the Google Play market list on my phone along with other updates such as YouTube, Facebook and so on.

The next day I checked this list and nothing has changed - it's ready to be updated but I expected that it will be updated automatically. Auto-update is turned on. But what I've noticed that some apps from this list were updated yesterday, for example FB messenger. I didn't do any update myself.

How to force my app update to be installed automatically?

I checked on Android 8 and 10.

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, same situation happened for me for a while, I was thinking the problem originating from my app, but after searching & following this guide the problem solved in my case.
Thanks for your replay but it won't work for me - how can I explain to my clients how to clean up the cache and to do the other steps? So the only way is some how notify them about the new updates.

And this article is about Android 10 but I do have the same problem on Android 8

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Or make your code to check new update silently, if there is new update, your app force clients to go to your app url in google play to update.

Upvote 0